ISL 30R - Cloud Security Architect
Information Systems R30
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services
Ministry Branch / Division
ISB/IT SECURITY OPERATIONS
Job Summary Cloud Security Architect
Information Systems R30
An eligibility list may be established.
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies.The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC, which may include Vancouver, Nanaimo, Prince George, Kamloops.For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working remotely from that location could be considered
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your careerThe Ministry:
Dedicated to making life better for British Columbians, the Ministry of Citizens' Services (CITZ) delivers key services that people rely on. CITZ delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point-of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC , and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca . CITZ also provides support for the expansion of high-speed internet connectivity throughout the province, leadership across government to modernize information management and technology resources, trusted data services to government agencies, prompt and relevant responses to freedom of information requests, and statistical and economic research, information and analysis to businesses and the public sector. In addition, the ministry manages the Province's real estate assets, technology systems and equipment, and leverages procurement to increase business opportunities and create rewarding jobs that contribute to local economies and benefit individuals, families, and communities.
A service-focused organization, CITZ strives to be a great place to work, where all employees feel both engaged and motivated to do their best.The Division:
Reporting through the Office of Government's Chief Information Officer, the Enterprise Services Division (ES) enables government to deliver services to citizens by providing cost-effective management and supply of Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) services such as data and voice networks, workstations and mobile devices, messaging and collaboration services, information security, data centre and application hosting, and enterprise architecture. These services are essential for providing mission-critical supports to all government ministries, broader public sector clients, and Crown corporations as they deliver their services to other ministries and citizens.
ES is responsible for providing IM/IT Infrastructure and services that include essential work tools (i.e., desktops, laptops, tablets, productivity tools), maintaining state-of-the-art-data centres; preventing, detecting, and responding to cyberattacks; supporting critical communication services (internet, telephone, and email); IT Service management and technology planning. ES is also responsible for operational communications and IT response to events such as large IT incidents, Wildfire and COVID-19, by utilizing the IT Operations Centre.The Role:
The Cloud Security Architect leads The Province's Cybersecurity program to protect governments information assets by designing and driving highly secure and compliant cloud computing architectures and implementations for B.C. Governments cloud platforms. This role will be part of a cloud architecture team that works closely with stakeholders, key infrastructure technology teams and business units to establish and provide guidance on secure development and migrations to the cloud. This position develops and implements enterprise information security architectures and solutions and services as a security expert, assisting clients to comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
For complete details, please review the attached job description/profile. If this position interests you and you meet the required criteria, we look forward to your application.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Related experience must include:
- Degree in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and 6 years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR
- Diploma in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and 8 years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and recent (within last 10 years) related experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to candidates with any of the following:
- Experience leading the development, implementation, and operation of enterprise security architecture in both on-prem and cloud environments (e.g., IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software As A Service).)
- Experience contributing to security architecture in large initiatives such as cloud adoption and/or cloud migration of security resources.
- Experience analysing security requirements in relation to risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Experience developing risk treatment strategies / recommendations to improve security.
- Experience translating complex functional, technical, security and business requirements into architectural designs or plans.
- Experience working in complex information technology environments.
- Experience implementing cloud security best practices in a hybrid enterprise environment
- Professional designation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Security Manager, Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, another related and relevant professional designation, or equivalent.
- Experience providing senior security architecture services for an employer with 5000+ employees
- Experience working in or leading Agile project teams.
- Experience leading and supervising staff.
- Experience working in close communication with other governments / partner organizations.
- Experience working in any of the following career types: Security, intelligence, law enforcement, risk management, military, libraries.
- Experience withcommon cloud services (Databases, Containers, Compute, Storage, Serverless etc.), and in SIEM components (MS Sentinel, OpenSearch, CloudWatch, CloudTrail ), Key Management, configuring network security defenses, PKI, revere-proxies, ALB, NLB, Modern Authentication technologies, Cloud Asset Management, DLP, IDS, WAF, Secrets Management and IAM;
- Hands on experience with DevOps tools such as Terraform, Vault, ArgoCD. Ansible, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD and code management tools (Git, TFS, Jenkins etc).
- Experience managing cloud incident responses.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Must be willing to be available for the support of critical incident response outside of normal business hours.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES -
You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive