ISL 27R - Senior User Experience Specialist Position Classification
Information Systems R27 Union
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
5/16/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services Ministry Branch / Division
Digital Platforms and Data Division Job Summary Senior User Experience Specialist
Information Systems R27
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Contribute your valued expertise
The Digital Platforms and Data Division (DPDD) leads the work of cross-government approaches to digital government and develops modern platforms that support better services for citizens. Key programs enable cross-government policy development (Data Science Partnerships) and the integration, access and analysis of public sector data (Data Innovation and DataBC). The division also leads the implementation of the Digital Framework and provides strategic direction on the Data Roadmap. DPDD delivers several public- and ministry-facing programs, including DataBC, Data Innovation Program, Digital Investment Office, Exchange Lab, Digital Identity and Trust Program, Common Components Program and BC Stats.
The Digital Identity and Trust program is enabling digital service transformation by providing technology and governance to support digital identities and trust in an online world. The mission of the Digital Identity and Trust program is to build trust and enhance the ability of British Columbians to participate confidently in the digital world. The program is working to offer BC citizens and businesses trustworthy digital versions of their cards, permits, licenses and other forms of accreditation.
The Senior User Experience Specialist is responsible for supervising a team of User Experience Specialists, develops and delivers research studies to inform and guide the development of scalable digital products, and designing and delivering the user experience and evolving the product vision.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336 .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
,before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in a design or technology discipline AND 2 years of experience in the design or technology field; OR
- A diploma in a design or technology discipline AND 4 years of experience in the design or technology field; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience participating in or managing projects.
- Experience working in an agile, digital product- focused development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to iteratively create and improve digital products and services
- Experience with related UX practices and skills, including content design, content strategy and information architecture.
- Experience producing and working with design pattern/asset libraries.
- Experience in data visualization and familiarity with products (BI tools) and approaches.
- Experience mentoring and supporting less experienced UX practitioners.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience communicating self-sovereign identity (SSI) concepts to non-technical audiences in various formats.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive