Senior Systems Analyst, Retail IT Information systems R27
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required by November 22, 2021. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of 'Service. Relationships. Results.' is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations - from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC's Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
The information technology (IT) team is highly customer focused and directly supports four distinct lines of business: retail liquor, wholesale liquor, cannabis, and corporate. These line of business IT teams are supported overall by both a Chief Information Security Officer and a Chief Technical Officer and their respective departments to ensure the organization prioritizes security and innovation.
At present the technology team consists of more than 200 full-time employees, and has also adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages external expertise, Cloud SaaS based services and government shared services as appropriate.
The teams integrate, maintain and enhance more than 80 business systems on a hybrid on-premises and cloud infrastructure. These include:
- Merchandising and retail store systems that process 40 million plus customer transactions per year.
- Wholesale, distribution and warehouse systems that enable the movement of 17 million plus cases per year.
- Corporate finance systems to service an annual budget of approximately $3 billion and HR and payroll systems to service more than 5000 employees.
The Senior Systems Analyst leads the design and development of IT systems, develops design and functional specifications, produces deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assists in post implementation support and system enhancements through the various phases of the application development life cycle. This role undertakes integration work which has a significant impact across the IT environment and client departments. This position is responsible for planning, analyzing, designing, developing, testing and implementing effective solutions to meet requirements.
This position oversees system applications' maintenance and enhancements varying in complexity, cost and business significance entailing both short and long term projects that may be either of a self-contained nature or ones which require the assignment, coordination and monitoring of work performed by other team or project resources to support the business objectives of the BC Liquor Distribution Branch.
A criminal record check is required.
An eligibility list for temporary and permanent future opportunities may be established.
Consider an IM/IT Career with the BC Public Service:
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job description, also located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting. Position Requirements: Education and Experience:
Degree or diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of recent, related experience*.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered, i.e., 5 years or greater recent, related experience* and certificate in a related field.
*Recent, related experience must have occurred in the last 8 years and must include the following:
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or other enterprise wide systems i.e., Warehouse Management (WMS), Inventory Management/Inventory System and/or Order Management (OMS) etc.
- Experience identifying key project milestones and producing project deliverables i.e., system analysis and design specification documentation, test plans and/or migration plans.
- Experience leading small project teams (5-7 people) including application developers, business area users and/or technical resources.
- Experience with one or more of the following business systems / process and related technologies is required:
- Systems analysis experience with retail supply chain systems and processes such as, POS, Inventory, Pricing, Markup/Promotions, Marketing, Merchandising, Replenishment, Workforce Management, Space Planning, Assortment Planning. Wholesale
- Systems analysis experience with wholesale supply chain systems and processes such as, Demand Planning, Forecasting, Warehouse Management System, Transport Management Systems, Labour Management, Replenishment, Inventory Management, Customs, Excise. Corporate
- Systems analysis experience with retail and/or wholesale supply chain systems and processes such as, Finance (A/R, A/P, G/L, Data Management, Audit, Purchasing), HR (Recruitment, Payroll, Training & Learning, Labour Relations, Occupational Health & Safety).
Preference may be given to candidates with experience in any of the following areas:
How to Apply & Application Requirements:
- Experience developing enterprise applications, interfacing and service integration.
- Familiarity with architectural and technical infrastructure planning.
- Web, mobile application development with Java.
- SQL Query and PL/SQL development, database object analysis.
- Developing applications using object oriented technologies (.NET (C#, ASP), Java).
- Oracle Service Bus.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies as outlined in the attached Job Description.
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
For specific position-related enquiries, please contact at Zevin Olynyk, Manager, Systems Analysis, Retail Liquor IT at 604-789-8961 .
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the attached Application Instructions or refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
before the stated closing time, and they will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
Information Management/Information Technology
Senior Systems Analyst_Job_Description
Information Technology Management and Executive