ISL 27R - Senior Security Analyst
Information Systems R27
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Attorney General
Ministry Branch / Division
INFORMATION SYSTEMS BRANCH
Job Summary Senior Security Analyst
Information Systems R27
One (1) regular, full time position available.
One (1) eighteen (18) month temporary opportunity available which may be extended and/or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An opportunity to contribute your valued expertise
The Information Systems Branch (ISB) provides effective and collaborative information management and information technology (IM IT) advice and services to the justice and public safety sector. As a key enabler of the sector's digital transformation, ISB translates client business needs into high value digital solutions that support common capabilities, integrated services, reusable data and better value for money.
The Senior Security Analyst provides authoritative advice regarding technology, application security and potential security risks. This role guides Ministry and client organizations in the development of security strategies, including cloud security strategies, that meet long- and short-term service plans. Works with clients, partners and vendors to ensure all activity conforms to corporate security policy and procedures and other relevant legislation and meets the highest security standards for a variety of sensitive information.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kimberly.Yanick@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post secondary degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent in the computer science field and recent, related experience, as described below:
- Recent, related experience must include:
- Experience conducting Risk Assessments in an IM IT environment, including identifying potential risk controls;
- Experience applying risk management frameworks in an IM IT environment; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Professional designation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Certified Information Security Manager, or equivalent.
- 2 or more years of experience conducting Risk Assessments in an IM IT environment, including identifying potential risk controls.
- 1 or more years of experience conducting audits to ensure compliance with laws, policies, standards and/or contract schedules.
- 1 or more years of experience with Cloud Security Controls on Microsoft Azure and/or AWS.
- 1 or more years of experience working in an Agile/DevOps team environment.
- Experience preparing reports on IM IT concepts for an executive audience.
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive