ISL 27R - Senior Security Analyst *AMENDED - LOCATIONS ADDED*
Information Systems R27
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1H4 CA
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA
Campbell River, BC V9W 6Y7 CA
Chilliwack, BC V4Z 1A7 CA
Coquitlam, BC V3K 7B9 CA
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7G5 CA
Duncan, BC V9L 6B1 CA
Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 CA
Hope, BC V0X 1L0 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Langley, BC V3A 8T1 CA
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Nelson, BC V1L 6K1 CA
New Westminster, BC V3M 6H8 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Revelstoke, BC V0E 3K0 CA
Richmond, BC V7C 4M9 CA
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0 CA
Sooke, BC V9Z 0M8 CA
Squamish, BC V8B 0H3 CA
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
Whistler, BC V0N 1B0 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services
Ministry Branch / Division
ISB/IT Security Operations
Job Summary Senior Network Security Analyst
Information Systems R27
Amended July 28: Locations added - this position can be performed from anywhere within the Province of BC
This position may require the occasional standby shift, with up to 25% additional paid standby hours, on top of the base IS 27 salary (plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment).
This position hasflexible work hours andearned days off.
An eligibility list may be established.
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working remotely from that location could be considered.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
The Senior Network Security Analyst builds, operates and oversees the security infrastructure of government's shared network.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Michael.Voller@gov.bc.ca
.DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma, certification, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the computer science or data networking field.
- 5 years' experience working at a senior technical analyst level in a large network environment.
- Experience managing large scale security infrastructure projects, preference may be given to applicants with 3 years of project management experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with professional designation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
Preference may be given to applicants who have experience with any of the following:
- Firewall, IDS/IPS
- Network troubleshooting in a complex LAN/MAN/WAN environment
- SIEM technologies
- UNIX platform administration and scripting
- Windows Directory services
- IT security architecture or service development
- IT Network or Security Vendor Certifications
- Knowledge of Cloud environments such as Azure or AWS
Willingness Statement / Provisos
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- This role may require the occasional standby shift, with up to 25% additional standby hours.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive