Senior Business Systems Analyst, IT Wholesale
Information Systems R27
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of 'Service. Relationships. Results.' is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations - from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC's Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
The information technology (IT) team is highly customer focused and directly supports four distinct lines of business: retail liquor, wholesale liquor, cannabis, and corporate. These line of business IT teams are supported overall by both a Chief Information Security Officer and a Chief Technical Officer and their respective departments to ensure the organization prioritizes security and innovation.
At present the technology team consists of more than 200 full-time employees and has also adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages external expertise, Cloud SaaS based services and government shared services as appropriate.
The teams integrate, maintain and enhance more than 80 business systems on a hybrid on-premises and cloud infrastructure. These include:
- Merchandising and retail store systems that process 40 million plus customer transactions per year.
- Wholesale, distribution and warehouse systems that enable the movement of 17 million plus cases per year.
- Corporate finance systems to service an annual budget of approximately $3 billion and HR and payroll systems to service more than 5000 employees.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst (Sr. BSA) leads the analysis and provides consulting services to plan on-going business and technology needs consistent with BC Liquor Distribution Branch's strategic plans. This position evaluates business systems varying in complexity and business significance and ensures clients requirements and priorities are understood and met throughout the systems development life cycle. This position is responsible to know and understand industry best practices and approaches to business challenges and their relation to systems solutions.
The position is responsible for completing detailed end-to-end business analysis, obtaining clear definition of business requirements and translating them into functional specifications, developing cost-benefit/alternative analysis, risk assessments, recommendations, and preparing branch standard documentation. The position also identifies time frames, resources/ budget requirements and presents findings to both IT and business leaders. This position is also responsible for the analysis of requirements, analyzing and confirming ability to test; programming of custom workflow for test management and defect tracking; and development of automated test scripts/ scenarios traceable to requirements.
A criminal record check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job description, also located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. Consider an IM/IT Career with the BC Public Service:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/careers-myhr/job-seekers/featured-careers/it Position Requirements: Education and Experience:
Degree or diploma in Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field and with a minimum of 3 years of recent, related experience*.
Certification in business analysis (e.g., Certified Business Analysis Professional, Certified Competency in Business Analysis) with a minimum of 4 years of recent, related experience*.
A combination of education training and experience may be considered, i.e., 6 years of recent and related experience* with formal course work and/or certifications.
*Recent, related experience must have occurred in the last 8 years and must include the following:
- Experience working with business users and/or subject matter experts to produce three (3) or more of the following business analysis work/documents:
- gap analysis, business process designs, user acceptance testing (UAT) plans, UAT test case and scenarios, standard operating procedure (SOP) documents, business cases, feasibility studies, impact assessments, business rules, service transition, and/or other analysis work products.
- Experience with each phase of the project management life cycle including project closure and/or systems development life cycle (SDLC) e.g., problem resolution, user acceptance testing, implementation and/or post implementation reviews).
Preference may be given to those candidates with any of the following experience:
How to Apply & Application Requirements:
- Experience leading medium to large (enterprise-wide) sized project initiatives (e.g., including coordination of resources and activities through all phases of SDLC to completion).
- Experience in wholesale, distribution, retail and/or Ecommerce environment.
- Experience with Branch and Government business systems and processes (e.g., RFP, Budgeting).
- Experience with SDLC methodologies - waterfall and/or agile.
- Experience with any of the following (2) business systems and processes in a Wholesale, Distribution, and Retail environment:
- POS (Point of Sale), Inventory Management, Ecommerce and online retail, Product Management, Pricing, Markup/Promotions, Marketing, Merchandising, Replenishment, Workforce Management, Space Planning, In-store digital signage and displays, Assortment Planning, Demand Planning, Forecasting, Warehouse Management System, Transport Management Systems.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies as outlined in the attached Job Description.
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
For specific position-related enquiries, please contact Harshada Nair, R/HR Advisor, Human Resource Services at 604-252-8561.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the attached Application Instructions or refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
before the stated closing time, and they will respond as soon as possible to assist you. Note:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
Information Management/Information Technology
Job Profile ISL 27 Senior Business Systems Analyst IT Wholesale
Information Technology Management and Executive