ISL 27R - Digital Analyst
Information Systems R27
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually, plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment.
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Attorney General
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Digital Analyst
Information Systems 27
There is currently one permanent position available.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
These positions are currently based in Victoria. We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies. Note that this type of telework arrangement would require the successful candidate to attend the office in Victoria as required.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Contribute your valued expertise
The Information Systems Branch is responsible for providing strategic IM/IT leadership for the justice and public safety sector, and for the provision of IM/IT services to support our sector program areas and stakeholders. The office includes six divisions: Ministry Chief Information Office (MCIO) Division, Client Services Division, Chief Technology Office, Strategic Planning and Digital Transformation Division, Program & Portfolio Management Division, Service Design and Architecture Division. Within ISB the Client Services team is responsible for developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and providing system solutions that meet client needs and Ministry mandates.
The Client Services Division is responsible for client engagement, relationship building, and support in delivering successful business outcomes. Key services include implementing IT service management improvements, supporting the implementation of the sector digital strategy, project participation and issue management. Day-to-day services include providing a leadership role implementing project governance, collaborating with vendors and central agencies in delivery quality services, along with an upfront role in ISB to ensure our services are meeting client needs.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You . In addition to this exciting opportunity, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC's Top Employers for 2022, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2022 and one of Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2022. The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Chris.Choo@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered if relevant to the position.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working on projects relating to digital government, technology and/or data.
At least one year of experience in the following:
- Experience writing briefing notes, reports and/or presentations for management*.
- Experience providing analysis on projects.
- Experience developing and maintaining working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with client business and needs analysis, including information systems processes, methodologies, and procedures, and change management practices.
- Experience with project management, best practices in governance, methodologies, techniques, and processes.
- *management is defined as supervisor and/or manager level or higher in the public service or equivalent in the private sector
Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience providing tactful feedback to senior management**.
- Experience with process design and service design.
- Experience with procurement and contracting of technology and digital services.
- Experience in analysis, data modelling, design, and implementation of complex applications.
- Experience with all aspects of application development and modern Software Engineering practices such as Agile.
- Experience with technical architecture development and/or review for digital or IT projects within the public sector.
- Experience writing reports, briefings and/or presentations for senior management**.
- Three or more years of experience in all the above.
- **senior management is defined as Director level or higher in the public service or equivalent in the private sector
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive