ISL 24R - Software as a Service Manager
Information Systems R24
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1H4 CA
Brentwood Bay, BC V8M 1P7 CA
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA
Campbell River, BC V9W 6Y7 CA
Chilliwack, BC V4Z 1A7 CA
Comox, BC V9M 3M2 CA
Courtenay, BC V9N 8H5 CA
Duncan, BC V9L 6B1 CA
Fort St James, BC V0J 1P0 CA
Fort St John, BC V1J6M7 CA
Golden, BC V0A 1H0 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Langley, BC V3A 8T1 CA
Maple Ridge, BC V4R 2S1 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
North Vancouver, BC V7P 3M7 CA
Parksville, BC V9P 2H7 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Sooke, BC V9Z 0M8 CA
Squamish, BC V8B 0H3 CA
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Terrace, BC V8G 1W2 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
West Vancouver, BC V7T 1B9 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services
Ministry Branch / Division
DevOps & Cloud Services/Digital Office
Job Summary Software as a Service Manager
Information Systems R24
Amendment (November 21, 2022): The salary has been amended to reflect the 19th BCGEU Main Agreement.
This position can be performed from multiple communities and the location of the position is negotiable.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
The Ministry of Citizens' Services provides a wide range of services to British Columbians across the province, both in person and online. From BC Services Cards to freedom of information to information technology infrastructure, we help deliver services that people count on.
This position will be part of the SaaS Adoption Team as an Agile team member. As part of the SaaS Adoption team, the position is responsible for all the major components of SaaS software agreements and day-to-day operations including supporting procurement, subscription tracking, compliance reviews for privacy, security, legal, contract management, vendor relationship management, financial management, user role management, and account support for SaaS entreprise and corporate agreements.
Software licensing models for cloud-based subscriptions are managed under this position. As new technologies evolve, this position stays up to date on trends in SaaS, cloud solutions, and licensing models.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Daniel.Hirner@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:Education and Experience:
- Education in Computer Science or related discipline, including:
- Degree in Information Technology, Information Management, Business Administration (IT/IM) or a directly related field and 1 years *related experience; or
- Diploma in Information Technology, Information Management, Business Administration (IT/IM) or a directly related field and 2 years *related experience; or
- Certification from a recognized institution in Information Technology, Information Management, Business Administration (IT/IM) or a directly related field and 3 years *related experience; or
- A combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Cloud-based software subscription management related experience includes tracking & monitoring enterprise licencing arrangements for large organizations.
- Experience providing expertise, guidance, and assistance concerning enterprise license agreements, which may include providing direction, issue management, and implications to staff/professionals.
- Experience working with financial systems, such as ORACLE financials and creating financial reports and updating dashboards.
- Five years of experience building and maintaining positive client relationships and working partnerships with client teams, vendors, and cross organizational business units.
- Experience with IT contracts and experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions.
- Experience working with various software vendors and vendor licensing models.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience working in an agile development environment with User Experience (UX) teams, designers, and developers to iteratively create or improve digital products and services from conception to production.
- Experience working with Agile Planning Tools.
- Experience planning, managing, and evaluating financial compliance reviews.
- Technology asset management.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive