ISL 24R - Senior Software Tester Position Classification
Information Systems R24 Union
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> BC Pension Corp Ministry Branch / Division
BC Pension Corp Job Summary Senior Software TesterClassification
: Information Systems R24Job Type
: Regular full timeUnion/Excluded
: BCGEUSalary Range
: $70,950.64 to $80,892.74 per annum (salary includes a 6.6% temporary market adjustment)Competition:
: Until FilledCriminal Record Check
An eligibility list to fill future vacancies may be established.
Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level.
Multiple positions available, including potential temporary appointments.
Please note this is an ongoing posting without a scheduled close date. The posting close date will be added to the posting a minimum of 5 days prior to the posting close date. Applications will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis.Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs - lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
BC Pension Corporation is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID-19 while supporting our culture of community and connection in our hybrid workplace. We have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees, as a condition of their employment, to confidentially self-disclose to the Corporation that they are fully vaccinated (two COVID-19 vaccinations). Details about the COVID-19 verification process will be provided at the time of offer.The opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Software Tester
to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada
Reporting to the Test Team Lead, the Senior Software Tester is responsible for managing the flow of work, prioritizing tasks, defects, and issues for each project. As a Senior Software Tester, you will be responsible for reviewing requirements documentation and technical specifications, developing, and executing Test cases. In addition, you will work closely with the rest of the development team to ensure successful releases into production.
You are creative, inquisitive, and able to manage multiple projects and priorities at once. We're looking for someone who is passionate about all things testing and is eager to play a key role in ensuring the integrity and quality of the Corporation's information systems and services.What do you need to Succeed?Must have
Nice to Have
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of three years of recent practical experience is required in the following:
- Software Testing & STLC
- Developing and executing test cases and documenting test results
- Interpreting functional and technical specifications
- Defect tracking
- Mentoring peers and junior staff
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, Jira)
- Project Test Lead experience
- QA Complete experience
- ISTQB Foundation Qualification
- SQL/ and PL/SQL experience
- Web Services experience
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive