ISL 24R - Senior QA Analyst, Corporate IT***AMENDED CLOSE DATE*** Position Classification
Information Systems R24 Union
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
5/22/2022 Job Type
Temporary Assignment (TA) Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Liquor Distribution Branch Ministry Branch / Division
BC Liquor Distribution Branch Job Summary Senior QA Analyst, Corporate IT
Information Systems R24
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of 'Service. Relationships. Results.' is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations - from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC's Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
The information technology (IT) team is highly customer focused and directly supports four distinct lines of business: retail liquor, wholesale liquor, cannabis, and corporate. These line of business IT teams are supported overall by both a Chief Information Security Officer and a Chief Technical Officer and their respective departments to ensure the organization prioritizes security and innovation.
At present the technology team consists of more than 200 full-time employees and has also adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages external expertise, Cloud SaaS based services and government shared services as appropriate.
The teams integrate, maintain, and enhance more than 80 business systems on a hybrid on-premises and cloud infrastructure. These include:
- Merchandising and retail store systems that process 40 million plus customer transactions per year.
- Wholesale, distribution, and warehouse systems that enable the movement of 17 million plus cases per year.
- Corporate finance systems to service an annual budget of approximately $3 billion and HR and payroll systems to service more than 5000 employees.
Reporting to the Manager, the Senior QA Analyst is responsible for the analysis of requirements, confirming requirements testability and traceability; champions process for test management and defect tracking; development of automated test scripts traceable to requirements using programming in Java, C#, Python, Perl, PHP, or Visual Basic; performing manual and automated testing and the subsequent identification, analysis and initial prioritization of defects, issues or change requests; and establishing and maintaining the Automated Test Framework and Scripts.
A criminal record check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job description, also located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
An eligibility list for temporary future opportunities may be established.Position Requirements:
Education and Experience:
Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field and a minimum of 1 year of recent, related experience*.
Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, with a minimum of 2 years of recent, related experience*.
A combination of training and experience may be considered i.e., 4 years of recent, related experience* with formal coursework and/or certifications in a related field.
*Recent, related experience must have occurred in the last 6 years and must include the following:
- Experience with test planning, test execution and documenting test results.
- Experience in coordinating or leading software/product test teams.
- Experience with developing, executing and/or maintaining test automation scripts.
Preference may be given to candidates with any of the following experience:
How to Apply & Application Requirements:
- Experience with presentation of test plans, creating test reports and/or identifying/escalating risks.
- Experience testing in an Agile environment.
- Experience with developing master test plans.
- Experience in developing test automation frameworks, with development tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Rest API, Sikuli, Katalon, Jenkins, Watir, JMeterTest, Codeless Automation Test Suites, etc.
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages such as Java, C#, Python, PHP, Perl and/or visual basic (VB).
- Experience developing and maintaining performance / load / stress testing framework.
- Experience managing test environments.
- Demonstrated on-going professional skills upgrading.
- Experience working with one or more of the following business systems and processes:
- Retail - POS, Inventory, Pricing, Markup/Promotions, Marketing, Merchandising, Replenishment, Workforce Management, Space Planning, Assortment Planning.
- Corporate - Finance (A/R, A/P, G/L, Data Management, Audit, Purchasing), HR (Recruitment, Payroll, Training & Learning, Labour Relations, Occupational Health & Safety).
- Cannabis - eCommerce, POS, Inventory, Pricing, Marketing, Merchandising, Digital Signage, Email Campaign Management, Replenishment, Workforce Management, Space Planning, Assortment Planning, Demand Planning, Forecasting, Warehouse Management System, Transport Management Systems, Labour Management, Replenishment, Inventory Management.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies as outlined in the attached Job Description.
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
For specific position-related enquiries, please contact Harshada Nair, R/HR Advisor, Human Resource Services at 6042528561.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the attached Application Instructions or refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
before the stated closing time, and they will respond as soon as possible to assist you.Note:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive