ISL 24R - Intermediate Technical Coordinator Position Classification
Information Systems R24 Union
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
5/24/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Attorney General Ministry Branch / Division
Information Services Division Job Summary Intermediate Technical Coordinator
Information Systems R24
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies. Note that this type of telework arrangement would require the successful candidate to attend the office in Victoria as required.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
The Information Systems Branch (ISB)provides effective, efficient, collaborative and quality information management and information technology (IM/IT) advice and services to the justice and public safety sector and government enterprises.
The Intermediate Application Technical Coordinator fulfills a critical role, leading the transition of mission-critical applications (and releases) from development into production. The position is relied upon, as a technical specialist and able communicator, to collaborate with both application developers and ministry clients. If you thrive in an environment dedicated to cooperation and teamwork, and enjoy working towards group and organizational goals, we look forward to your application.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sherri.Proceviat@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Computer Science or related discipline, plus a minimum of 2* years of related experience as described below;
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Related experience must include the following:
PREFERENCES MAY BE GIVEN FOR
- Experience in a broad number of application development tools, preferably in one or more SaaS application tools
- Experience using an Agile/iterative approach to software development
- Experience with Release Management and IT Change Management processes in an enterprise application environment
- Experience leading and participating in project teams including application developers, business area users and technical resources
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience with complex client/server and web-based applications
- Experience with implementing applications using Salesforce, Dynamics, Openshift, GIT and GITHUB or equivalent.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies, Azure Dev Ops
- Experience with MS SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) & developing MS SQL queries/scripts, Active Server Pages (ASP) and html pages and Crystal Reports
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive