ISL 24R - Business Analyst Position Classification
Information Systems R24 Union
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1H4 CA
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA
Campbell River, BC V9W 6Y7 CA
Chilliwack, BC V4Z 1A7 CA
Courtenay, BC V9N 8H5 CA
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7G5 CA
Duncan, BC V9L 6B1 CA
Hope, BC V0X 1L0 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Langley, BC V3A 8T1 CA
Maple Ridge, BC V4R 2S1 CA
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8 CA
Mission, BC V4S 0A2 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Nelson, BC V1L 6K1 CA
New Westminster, BC V3M 6H8 CA
North Vancouver, BC V7P 3M7 CA
Oliver, BC V0H 1T2 CA
Penticton, BC V2A 8X1 CA
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 8Y9 CA
Powell River, BC V8A 5G7 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Prince Rupert, BC V8J 4M8 CA
Quesnel, BC V2J 6W6 CA
Richmond, BC V7C 4M9 CA
Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4S4 CA
Sechelt, BC V0N3A0 CA
Terrace, BC V8G 1W2 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Vernon, BC V1T 9V2 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CASalary Range
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
7/5/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Social Dev & Poverty Reduction Ministry Branch / Division
Information Services Division Job Summary Business Analyst
Information Systems R24
This position may be located in any Social Development and Poverty Reduction office subject to space availability.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A rewarding IT career in a dynamic team environment
As a Business Analyst for the Data Steward Team, your primary focus will be data quality and client support. Other duties may include; analyzing large volumes of data, working on special projects to evaluate and remediate data inconsistencies, creating and updating job aids and documentation, and working with the ICM Enterprise Data Quality tool to produce exception reports to plan remediation activities.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Theresa.Parkin@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants who have experience in the following:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field; AND
- A minimum of 2 years' related experience as described below; OR
- A combination of lesser, related education and a minimum of 4 years' related experience as described below. Related education could include, for example, IIBA, ITIL and/or PMI coursework or certification in good standing.
- Experience testing applications against defined requirements and documenting outcomes.
- Experience providing business analysis related to integrated custom applications with complex business processes, preferably in a Microsoft environment.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience working with databases
- Writing SQL queries
- Managing projects or leading a component of a major project
- Business Intelligence
- Experience working in the Social Sector
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive