ISL 21R - Business Process Analyst, CISO
Information Systems R21
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA (Primary)
$60,998.61 - $ 69,422.06 per annum
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Liquor Distribution Branch
Ministry Branch / Division
BC Liquor Distribution Branch
Job Summary Business Process Analyst, CISO
Information Systems R21
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required by November 22, 2021. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of 'Service. Relationships. Results.' is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations - from supply chain logistics to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC's Top Employers 14 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
The information technology (IT) team is highly customer focused and directly supports four distinct lines of business: retail liquor, wholesale liquor, cannabis, and corporate. These line of business IT teams are supported overall by both a Chief Information Security Officer and a Chief Technical Officer and their respective departments to ensure the organization prioritizes security and innovation.
At present the technology team consists of more than 200 full-time employees and has also adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages external expertise, Cloud SaaS based services and government shared services as appropriate.
The teams integrate, maintain and enhance more than 80 business systems on a hybrid on-premises and cloud infrastructure. These include:
- Merchandising and retail store systems that process 40 million plus customer transactions per year.
- Wholesale, distribution and warehouse systems that enable the movement of 17 million plus cases per year.
- Corporate finance systems to service an annual budget of approximately $3 billion and HR and payroll systems to service more than 5000 employees.
The CISO Department is a highly specialized team which is responsible for the securing the organization against the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape and is structured accordingly to the National Institute of Standards & Technology's Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF) which has five domains of responsibilities:
- Identify: Develop an organizational understanding to manage cybersecurity risks to the systems, data, people, assets, and capabilities.
- Protect: Develop and implement appropriate safeguards and mitigation strategies to ensure delivery of critical business services.
- Detect: Develop and implement appropriate processes, procedures, and automated systems to detect any occurrence of a cybersecurity event/incident.
- Respond: Develop and implement appropriate processes, procedures, and systems to respond to any detected cybersecurity event/incident including the collection and preservation of evidence of said incident.
- Recover: Develop and implement appropriate processes, procedures, and systems to maintain and execute plans for systems resiliency, recovery, and restoration of any capabilities and/or services impaired by a cybersecurity event/incident.
The Business Process Analyst conducts CISO business operations projects, smaller initiatives, process improvements and operational break-fix work to enhance the alignment between the business requirements and operational processes/systems. The CISO Business Process Analyst collaborates with clients, colleagues and IT professionals to design, fine tune, implement, and trouble-shoot projects, initiatives, and process improvement implementations.
The CISO Business Process Analyst also works with the functional and operational staff to resolve technical issues and ensure the systems are performing to expectations and investigate new or unused software application features for fit and applicability to business needs.
A criminal record check is required.
Work outside regular business hours to meet deadlines, as required
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job description, also located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. Consider an IM/IT Career with the BC Public Service:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/careers-myhr/job-seekers/featured-careers/it Jump start your Security Career
Are you interested in a career as a security professional?
Jump start your Security Career - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) Position Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in a Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field with a minimum 6 months of recent related experience*
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered. i.e., 2 years of recent, related experience* with formal course work and/or certifications.
*Recent, related experience must have occurred in the last 5 years and must include the following:
- Experience working with disaster recovery and business continuity initiatives/projects.
- Experience with IT security projects/initiatives including risk management, security processes and exercises.
Preference may be given to candidates with any of the following experience:
How to Apply & Application Requirements:
- Experience with each phase of the project management life cycle including business process mapping and/or fit/gap analysis.
- Experience with systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working with Visio or flow-charting software.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies as outlined in the attached Job Description.
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
For specific position-related enquiries, please contact Dennis Marchant, IT Senior Project Manager at 604 252-6351.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the attached Application Instructions or refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
before the stated closing time, and they will respond as soon as possible to assist you. Note:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive