ISL 21R - Analyst
Information Systems R21
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$60,998.61 - $69,422.06 annually
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Finance
Ministry Branch / Division
Information Management Branch
Job Summary AnalystInformation Systems R21
This is a temporary opportunity until April 30. 2023. Board and lodging and relocation expenses do not apply. A permanent appointment may result from this temporary opportunity.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An opportunity to contribute your valued expertise
The Application Operations (AppOps) team is part of the Application Services section within the Ministry of Finance Information Management Branch (IMB). The AppOps team is responsible for managing day to day operations on enterprise-wide applications across IMB. The team also collaborates with cross functional teams to transition new applications into operations and provides advise on management, maintenance and fine-tuning of systems.
The Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure that the Revenue Management System (RMS) and other ministry systems as assigned supports ministry and client business needs for multiple stakeholder portfolios with programs varying in complexity. This position is an operations analyst for RMS and other internal and external systems as assigned.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Narender.Tirukovela@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your résumé and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Degree in related field (Information Technology or Computer Science) and 2 years of IM/IT related experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with Revenue Management System (RMS) (or similar platforms) with experience working with Collections and Disbursements and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) environments and supporting systems.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working with at least two government legacy database systems.
- Experience with user acceptance testing, quality control initiatives, Business Requirement development and client engagement/communications.
- Experience with collection, account management and/or revenue management.
- Experience with testing methodologies and tools.
- Experience leading issues management and leading system related projects.
- Experience with performing business analysis.
- Experience in the gathering of business requirements, data modeling, process modeling, and development of business cases.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
-Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
-Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive