ISL 18R - Workstation Support Analyst Position Classification
Information Systems R18 Union
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$30.68 - $34.81 hourly Close Date
7/5/2022 Job Type
Regular Part Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> BC Pension Corp Ministry Branch / Division
BC Pension Corp Job Summary Workstation Support Analyst
Information Systems R18
Competition: PC22:47431Criminal Record Check:
This position is part time (0.5 FTE, 35 hours biweekly). The hours are anticipated to be 7:30 - 11:00 AM Monday - Friday.
An eligibility list to fill future vacancies may be established.
Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level.Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
BC Pension Corporation is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID-19 while supporting our culture of community and connection in our hybrid workplace. We have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees, as a condition of their employment, to confidentially self-disclose to the Corporation that they are fully vaccinated (two COVID-19 vaccinations). Details about the COVID-19 verification process will be provided at the time of offer.Hybrid Work Model
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs - lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
This position is located in our Victoria, BC office. You will have the opportunity to work part of the time on-campus and part of the time off-campus. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and vary according to the unique needs of each business area.The opportunity
We are seeking a part time Workstation Support Analyst
to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada
The IT Operations unit has responsibility for planning, designing, creating, testing, implementing, enhancing, and supporting the Corporation's desktop, network and Cloud environments. These environments, supported by the Operations team, contain hardware and software for servers, personal computers, printers, networks (local and external) and telephones, all enabling the Corporation's mission critical applications to be highly available and deliver the business function mandates.
This position has two main focuses: the provision of support for workstation hardware, software, attached peripherals using remote connectivity and Access and Identity Management. In doing so, this position adheres to ITB Standards for technology, configuration change, and operations.
This position is under the leadership and guidance of the Service Desk's Supervisor. In this role you will be responsible for independent tasks, responding to Service Desk Requests and incident tickets, as well as working with corporate staff to improve the operational infrastructure.What do you need to succeed?Must have
Nice to have
- A College Diploma in Computer Science and one (1) year of related experience; OR
- Certificate in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline and two (2) years related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and three (3) years related experience.
- A minimum of one year of recent, practical experience that includes working in a Service desk or user support capacity.
- Experience providing end user support for Windows based computers.
- Experience working with Request and Incident ticket management applications
- Preference will be given to the candidate who has experience with the following:
- Remote administration tool sets (SCCM, PStools, MS RDP)
- M365 Administration
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- User and application access management
- Home network configuration
To learn more about the Workstation Support Analyst
position, please click the link to the job description at the bottom of the page.Application requirementsCover letter
: Please do not submit a cover letter; it will not be reviewed.Resume
: A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relate to the job requirements.Questionnaire:
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please allow approximately 15 minutes to complete this questionnaire.Please apply through our career website:
https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/ Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered. Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive