ISL 18R - Service Desk Analyst
Information Systems R18
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$58,319.24 - $66,096.20 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Water,Land,ResourceStewardship
Ministry Branch / Division
Business Service Desk & Product Transition/Natural Resource Information & Digital Services
Job Summary A time to use your Service Desk and IT knowledge to expand your experience
Natural Resource Information & Digital Services (NRIDS)is the information management/information technology (IM/IT) service provider and organizational partner to the Natural Resource Ministries (NRM). As the centralized authority for all information, geospatialdata, and technology across the NRM, NRIDS is leading the transformation and modernization of business practices through new and innovative technology solutions, continuous improvement projects and operational IM/IT solutions. NRIDS provides broad information management services and leadership in data custodianship by way of the creation, maintenanceand publication of foundational datasets and geospatial information. NRIDS is also responsible for the full range of services to maintain and support all existing IT systems for the NRM as well as the development of new applications to deliver on government objectives. NRIDS is committed to client engagement and understanding the business needs of the NRM to identify where expert knowledge, technology and data/information solutions will help the sector deliver their programs and services more effectively.
In this position you will provide Tier 1 technical support by receiving, diagnosing, and/or escalating service requests to resolve complex data and application problems.Job Requirements:
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Diploma, certification or equivalent in computer science or a related field.
- Experience providing customer support services or helping end users to use and understand computer systems and applications.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience providing customer support services in an information technology environment or helping end users with computer hardware and software.
- Experience with Jira or other Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) tools.
- Experience in a call centre environment.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Chris.email@example.com About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies
This position is located in Victoria.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits , including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning anddevelopment. Regular, full time Professional Employee Association members are also entitled to 7% allowance in Lieu of Overtime Shiftwork and Standby (taken as time or money), have a 35 hour work week, and 4 weeks' annual paidleave entitlement.To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
CRC - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive