IS Security Architect Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2018 Canadian Gold Level Best Employer
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. IT Solutions What is the job?
BCAA is hiring for an IS Security Architect who will provide strategic level technical planning, design and architecture experience working with the business and IS teams to ensure the protection of BCAA assets and operations. This role is expected to also have strong hands on ability to act as a point of escalation for members of the security team and organization. What is the status?
Regular Full-Time What are the hours?
35 hours per week How many positions?
1 Key Responsibilities Include What you will be doing? Strategic:
• Develops Security strategies, policy and standards and ensures their relevance with scheduled reviews.
• Execution of Security risk assessments with internal and partner processes, systems and architectures resulting in documented findings to either eliminate or mitigate risk.
• Ongoing reviews of actively used technologies ensuring they are aligned with BCAA's goals and objectives.
• Collaborates on security awareness within BCAA.
• Participation in cross functional architectural groups reviewing current and future technologies to ensure protection of the organization while enhancing BCAAs operational capabilities through digital channels. Governance:
• Working closely with the Business Solutions and Technical Services organization the Security Architect will be responsible for developing, maintaining and training staff on secure software development best practices.
• The Security Architect will be responsible for ensure that recommended solutions comply with PCI-DSS and NIST 800-53 standards.
• Monitor and manages event management concerning the configuration of IDS/IPS, SIEM log management, Firewalls, Routers, Switches and other Network and Security appliances.
• Attends all Managed Services meetings: Governance, Change Review, New Business along with all projects related to Network and Security.
• Maintains current knowledge of applicable privacy laws and accreditation standards, and monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance. Operational:
• Expert level Splunk experience with a focus on Splunk Enterprise Security combined with the ability to onboard and analyze data from various sources.
• In coordination with our external vendors, maintains operational aspects of our PCI maintenance program ensuring adherence to all PCI requirements.
• Performs knowledge transfer and training between IS and other BCAA business units.
• Provides support for technology analysis and configuration requests.
• Reviews, approves and schedules Security patches and updates.
• Reviews, approves and schedules Security change requests.
• Frontline support for information Security queries.
• Monitor internal and external access to IT systems and PCI/Critical environments.
• Investigate and collaborate on all Security incidents and provide input into post incident reviews that detail incidents and provide recommendations regarding remediation and prevention of recurrence.
• Participate in IT technical meetings and ensure adherence to security principles and best practices.
• Participate in business project meetings and provide consultative advice in Security principles and best practices. Minimum Qualifications What you bring to the role:
• Education: CISSP, Undergraduate in Computer Science, Applicable Certifications or Diploma.
• Experience: 10+ years of working in a senior security role with a minimum of 2 years of architectural experience.
• Ability to create systems and consistent procedures and processes in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Proven analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of all the components involved in setting up and maintaining systems environments for product, development, testing, staging and training.
• Experience working with development teams in an Agile environment.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Proven excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and with other team members.
• Proven ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent multi-taking and organizational skills.
• Customer service-oriented focus ensuring that doing the right things for BCAA members is the primary goal. Background Check
• Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check. Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Date Added
10/24/2018 Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name
British Columbia [BC] Compensation & Benefits Overview What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being one of AON Top 50 Employers in Canada - 2018 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day. We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and community. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
Posted: November 11, 2018
Closes: January 10, 2019