AbeBooks, an Amazon company, connects millions of buyers with booksellers from around the world. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that includes everything from exquisite manuscripts and long lost books from your childhood, to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of "A Farewell to Arms."
About the Role
AbeBooks is looking for an analytical and customer service-oriented individual with strong judgment to join us as a Sr. Investigation Specialist who evaluate transactions and activity and safeguard AbeBooks' global customer base, profitability, and brand while maintaining a high bar of customer experience.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to driving customer experience. A strong record of customer focus and a keen interest in process improvement are key requirements for this role. This role requires the ability to multi-task utilizing a wide variety of software tools to navigate seller accounts and apply policies. It requires the ability to work independently and efficiently, research and review policies, and improve processes.
• Investigate suspicious buyer and seller activity and behaviour that could pose a risk to Amazon, our customer's, or merchants.
• Communicate via email and telephone with buyers, merchants, and other external and internal customers to make informed decisions about risk.
• Maintain AbeBooks' site quality by enforcing AbeBooks Policy Guidelines.
• Take appropriate action based on established procedures and document those actions. When procedures are not available, follow established escalation paths to ensure resolution.
• Participate in other special projects/assignments and partner with appropriate business teams as necessary.
• Achieve weekly productivity and quality standards for investigations.
• Experienced in the internet space and capable of succeeding in a fast-paced team environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide prompt and efficient service to AbeBooks Customers, including the appropriate escalation of Customers' issues.
• Maintain acceptable performance metrics such as quality, productivity, first contact resolution, and attendance.
• Build Platform and business knowledge to better serve sellers.
• Actively seek solutions through logical reasoning and data interpretation skills and identify trends to appropriate channel including improvement suggestions.
• Liaise with other departments such as Customer Service or Seller Management as required to resolve Customers' issues and questions.
• Respond to Customer Service Representatives and Account Managers' support requests in real time providing education with the goal of achieving an accurate response and remarkable, reproducible customer experience.
• Identify Customer and CSR success barriers, provide solutions, and drive change through business improvement initiatives.
• Drive opportunities for efficiency through daily floor observations.
• Identify outliers and trends stemming from the findings of quality audits.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma, GED or higher
• Written and verbal fluency in EnglishPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Exceptional communication skills, oral and written ability to clearly and concisely communicate in various situations, both internal and external
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tools - Outlook, Excel, Word
• Minimum typing speed of 40wpm
• Knowledge of credit card processing, payment fraud investigation and prevention techniques
• Experience in risk management, legal compliance, or IP/brand protection
• Some knowledge of SQL or database tools (Tableau, Amazon redshift, Oracle, etc…
• Experience in e-Commerce
• Fluency in more than one language (German, Spanish, French or Italian)
• Bachelor's Degree