At Canada Drives, we believe the experience of buying a vehicle should be easy and satisfying. Since 2010, we have used technology to simplify the process of finding the right vehicle for any Canadian of all financial circumstances. Through our online application process today we connect nearly half a million Canadians per year with dealerships across Canada.
For our next decade, we are excited to launch 100% online vehicle purchasing, with wide selection, great deals, and with speedy at-home delivery. Our vision is that buying and financing a vehicle will be fair, fast, simple and seamless.
We are looking to add a new position to our growing Finance team. Reporting to the Controller, the individual will be responsible for all the financial related processes for the vehicle inventory at our Adesa, Richmond location. This is primarily a remote/work-from-home position but will require regular visits to our Richmond office.
We are excited to be offering this role and we want you to join our expanding team!
- Reconcile vehicle purchase transactions and ensure the proper documentation is entered in the inventory management system for both purchases and reconditioning costs, following up on any missing information or discrepancies
- For each unit sold, ensure the cost information is complete and accurate for GL posting
- Communicate daily with inventory operations to track any new wholesale and trade-in units, ensuring all units are accurately reflected in the inventory management system
- Communicate with Adesa to track vehicles sold at auction
- Prepare daily inventory aging reports
- Prepare daily summary listing of sales and purchases
- Complete daily upload of sales and purchases to the floor plan software
- Weekly audit of vehicles on floor plan to the inventory listing
- Perform in-person test counts of inventory along with inventory manager
- Prepare inventory listing and expense accrual for month end
- Collaborate with finance, analytics and operations teams for inventory analysis
- 3+ years of operational accounting experience is required
- Completion of or working towards an accounting designation is preferred
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical intuition, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Great communicator and collaborative in nature
- Ability to partner with cross-functional groups and various management levels
Banking, Finance and Insurance