is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable ALBERTA or BRITISH COLUMBIA #GlobalMining
WSP is a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
We have an opportunity for a Water Resources Engineer or Hydrologist to join our Mine Water Team on a full-time basis in BC or Alberta An overview of your role will include:
• Conducting hydrologic assessments, site-wide and local area water balances, options assessments for water management infrastructure, hydraulic and streamflow evaluations, and design of water diversions and control structures.
• Participating in surface water resources projects, including watershed management, impact assessments, natural channel design, flood mapping, and environmental compliance and permitting;
• Performing quality assurance / quality control duties and managing sediment and erosion control related to construction of water management infrastructure;
• Conducting field studies involving flow measurements and water quality sampling, and supporting groundwater and geotechnical site investigations;
• Entering, analyzing, and managing various surface water data ;
• Watershed and hydraulic modelling to support assessments and design; and
• Other duties as required. You will have a background in:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering from an accredited university is required, and a post graduate degree is preferred.
• 6 years minimum experience in surface water management projects
• Eligibility to register as an Engineer with relevant provincial professional organization
• Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic analyses.
• Understanding of water balances, including experience developing models using GoldSim software.
• Familiarity with hydrology, hydraulics, database and GIS software.
• Experience in river engineering, fluvial geomorphology and scour analysis, and exposure to environmental impact assessments and surface water monitoring programs.
• Experience within the mining, infrastructure, and/or power sectors.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Valid driver's license.
• Excellent technical writing skills.
• An ability to manage time and resources effectively.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Calgary (4th Avenue SW), Edmonton (10072 Jasper Avenue), Fort McMurray (Biggs Avenue), Fort Saskatchewan, Fort St. John (101 Avenue), Golden (10th Avenue N), Grande Prairie (10070 - 117 Avenue), Kamloops (Victoria Street), Kelowna (108-3677 Highway, 97 N), Langley (96th Ave), Victoria (Carey Road)