INTERMEDIATE to SENIOR MARINE BIOLOGIST: Harvey 2367
We are a rapidly expanding environmental consulting firm and leader, in providing marine biological services to the Federal Government and numerous Ports and Harbours.
We are currently looking for an intermediate to senior Marine Biologist with 5 to 10 years of current consulting experience, to join our ever-growing team of dedicated professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to grow your career and work on a variety of projects throughout BC.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading field programs that address the needs of the project including bio-inventories, sediment sampling, aquatic effects assessments and habitat offsetting projects.
- Writing environmental assessment reports for submission to clients and regulators.
- Preparing and submitting permit applications for projects to DFO, FLNRORD, Environment Canada and Transport Canada.
- Identifying and designing offsetting habitat including riparian areas, tidal marshes, spawning beaches, rock reefs, eelgrass beds and green shorelines.
- Writing proposals and supporting business development of marine and aquatic projects.
- Providing technical support to other business units including engineering as required.
- Mentoring junior and intermediate staff.
Specific qualifications and experience desired:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a small group of multidisciplinary biologists.
- A minimum of a B.Sc. and five years of experience; however, a M.Sc. is preferred.
- Registered Professional Biologist (R.P. Bio) or eligible upon application.
- Experience with identifying marine vegetation and fish from coastal British Columbia.
- Certified as a WorkSafe BC or DCBC SCUBA diver to join our scientific dive team is a plus.
- Clear and concise proposal and report writing with an ability to provide detailed QA/QC.
- Experience in delivering reports on time and on budget that meet regulatory requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Training in project management including project planning, health and safety, and overseeing implementation is a benefit, but not required.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including developers, rail, resource companies and governmental agencies such as Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Public Services and Procurement Canada and BC Hydro.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current experience
Benefits package is available