is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable KELOWNA Overview of the Opportunity:
At WSP, we're continuing to grow and develop our expertise in Geotechnical Engineering, operating as a trusted advisor and technical expert on engineering design challenges for our clients across multiple industries including transportation, infrastructure, and buildings. Our team is growing, and as a result we're hoping to add an intermediate to Senior Level Geotechnical Engineer to our group. As an intermediate to senior level Geotechnical Engineer, a day in the life involves time spent in the field, as well as working in the Kelowna, BC office on projects and assignments related to geotechnical engineering. You'll work closely with a small team, be mentored by industry experts, and work on a variety of
projects. We have a clear mission, true values, and a future-focused mindset. Come explore what we can offer you. Why WSP?
• A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
• Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
• Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
• A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, an industry leading benefits and insurance package, RRSP matching, opportunities to become a WSP shareholder with employer matching, flexible working arrangements, social events and sports teams, free tea and coffee, annual staff appreciation events, mentoring programs, career development and learning opportunities, and an inclusive and collaborative corporate culture. We have a clear mission, true values and a future-focused mindset. Come join us. A day in the life:
• You'll direct and assist in all aspects of geotechnical investigations for buildings, highways, bridges, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure;
• You'll direct and assist in all aspects of geotechnical materials testing and field reviews for construction projects;
• You'll review construction materials testing and field monitoring of geotechnical aspects of projects;
• You'll prepare proposals, cost estimates, and project timelines, as well as lead the planning, field support and completion of geotechnical site investigations;
• You'll manage or co-manage small to medium sized projects or tasks by scheduling resources, tracking costs and managing the scope of work;
• You'll review and interpret the results of investigations, monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation and testing programs. Provide written geotechnical design recommendations and parameters for analyses and design of structure foundations through report writing and review of geotechnical reports and designs;
• You'll assist in the analysis and design of foundations, retaining walls, shoring walls and slope stabilization, and assist with production of construction drawings for your designs;.and
• You'll provide technical assistance in troubleshooting construction-related problems and assist project managers with quality control or quality assurance testing issues, and attend site visits, meetings, etc. as required as well as other tasks that might arise from time to time. We'd love to hear from you if you have...
•A bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering with Geotechnical emphasis;
•A professional license in B.C. as an engineer;
•Previous experience (8+ years) working within the province and familiarity with the BC engineering regulations; and
•A creative, entrepreneurial mindset and a naturally curious nature for improving and questioning the status quo.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Construction, Mining and Trades Science