Ballard's Product Engineering Department has an opening for a Test Engineers
to join the Systems Engineering Platform team supporting the fuel cell balance of plant systems being developed for heavy duty applications. Working in a cross functional product development environment, the positions require an individual to work with Mechanical, Electrical and Test Engineers to develop and evaluate Ballard's fuel cell system products and technologies for motive applications.Responsibilities:
- Support, test planning and tracking of the design verification (DV) plan for new product
- Support the development of test requirements based on design requirements
- Provide detailed test plans and formal reports for fuel cell system components
- Report out to product development team on results and recommendations
- Testing of fuel cell module components
- Testing of fuel cells or fuel cell modules
- Assisting in the verification of mechanical process systems
- Data review and analysis of fuel cell modules in the Ballard test lab
- Data review and analysis of deployed Ballard fuel cell modules for identification of potential premature failures.
- Test equipment troubleshooting for either mechanical or electrical systems of Ballard's fuel cell system products.
- Development and use of advanced diagnostic techniques for evaluation of fuel cell stack & system performance and durability
- Execute initial statistical/engineering analysis
- Preparation of reports for conformity assessment of product
- Mentoring and directing junior staff
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Degree in mechanical engineering, electro-mechanical engineering, engineering physics, or a related field. P.Eng designation is desirable.
- 3-7 years experience in both an industrial and product development setting.
- Good knowledge of structural design, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow design and selection of mechanical components.
- Demonstrated ability to make early-stage products operate in the field by proven and/or creative methods.
- Proven ability to work to time schedule and commitments for deliverables; determine scope of work and plan effectively to meet those commitments.
- Experience with standard engineering practices such as DFMEA, Product Certification, Codes and Standards, and Safety & Reliability Analysis.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Practical experience with mechanical and electrical systems is highly preferable.
- Previous background with fuel cells and/or fuel cell systems is highly preferable.
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellent | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.