WSP is currently seeking an ambitious, dynamic and innovative Intermediate Structural Engineer
to join our Structural Engineering Group, located at our downtown Vancouver office. Reporting to a Team Lead, Structural Engineering, this position will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to take innovative design solutions from proposal stage through to constructed projects for clients in a wide variety of Sectors. This role will include a significant client facing component where either an existing network, or the ability to grow industry networks will be considered important. A Day in the Life...
We'd Love to Hear from You if You Have ...
- Lead and oversee small projects, or important roles in the delivery of large to mega projects
- Participate in and support the identification and subsequent winning of strategic company opportunities. Leverage and develop new relationships to support and advance the winning of this work.
- Oversee the execution of efficient and accurate project deliverables to exceptional standards
- Perform engineering calculations and assessments for steel, concrete, timber and masonry structures, under the supervision of a Senior Engineer
- Approach all projects with curiosity and innovation through a client centric lens
- Have fun developing innovative and elegant solutions for new and existing structures
- Demonstrate strong capabilities in seismic design, as well as intimate knowledge of both the BCBC and NBC
- Perform such calculations using advanced finite element modelling tools
- Advance the notion of computational design and interactions between graphical and analytical structural models
- Interact with other WSP Canada offices to ensure national alignment
- Help coordinate projects with clients, architects and other disciplines as necessary
- Write technical reports
- Support preparation of detail drawings, sections and standard details, and ensure quality adherence
- Occasional travel within Canada on occasion for project related work, site assessments and site support
- Conduct site inspections, condition assessments, reporting, specifications and proposals
- A proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, both in the work environment and in developing designs
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Structural Engineering
- Soon to register or recently Registered Professional Engineer with EGBC
- 3-5 years' experience in Structural Engineering
- Computational design skills, and particular strength in the following software - Etabs, SAP2000, RAM and/or Robot. Familiarity with Dynamo, Grasshopper etc, considered a bonus.
- Design experience on a variety of project types that demonstrates engineering ambition
- Display a value adding attitude through dynamic, innovative, pro-active and disruptive thinking within a solution driven environment.
- Pro-active, energetic, highly responsive and client centric
- Dedicated team player with strong people skills, empathetic mindset and service excellence.
- Excellent organizational and technical writing skills
- Creativity and innovation - prepared to put out of the box ideas forward
- Comfort with failure in a supportive environment
- Comfort to speak your mind and voice opinions in a constructive manner
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Drive and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Curiosity about everything we do
Expected Salary (all locations): - $62,600 to $106,400 annually
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.