Are you keen to have large scale impact in the work that you do? Are you eager to learn and develop your career in software development and systems engineering? Do you want to work with experienced engineers who are delivering leading-edge technical solutions ?
If you do, we would be thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss why you should consider MDA to bring your past experiences to a new level and impact.
Software development using the latest technologies for a diverse and exciting set of satellite ground station activities. We offer a diverse development environment including client-server applications, web-based user interfaces including interaction with web API and web services design, external system interfaces, and automated software build and test systems.
Successful candidates would join our team as a software developer and can expect to:
- Learn &ndash while you leverage your past work experience, we will teach you about satellite ground station domains and our customers.
- Work &ndash you will join a team within the Satellite Ground Systems group. Your team leader will be your guide and challenge you with project-based work that is best suited to your skills and experience. The software that you develop and engineering duties remains your responsibility. Immerse yourself, and dedication will yield results you can be proud of delivered to end customers and used in real-world, geo-spatial applications.
- Grow &ndash your talents will be rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment.
- Creating engineering solutions that are attractive, cost-effective and have direct impact to our customers
- Working from requirements and customer interactions to develop or modify complex software applications
- Working with senior technical staff, stakeholders, customers and QA
- Planning work, providing effort estimates, driving your work to completion &ndash on time & on budget
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting high quality software applications at the system level
- Participating in integration, testing and deployment of software applications at the system level
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems in a software production environment and at the system level
- Following established development processes and corporate technical and quality standards
Proficient knowledge and experience in the following areas will be an asset
- A University Degree or Technical Diploma from an accredited institution in computer science, software engineering, or a combination of related education and experience
- Minimum 4 years work experience as a software developer
- Perform software requirements analysis, module/component level design and high level design and work with system level documents (eg: requirements, high level design and interface controls/APIs)
- An understanding of object oriented design, programming, data structures and algorithms, software development design patterns and work across multiple systems
- Proficient in at least one of Golang, Java, C++, or Python development
- Ability to quickly learn on the job and leverage your past experiences and knowledge
- Ability to use source code control
- Understanding of software development process (eg: waterfall, Agile)
- Team-friendly attitude and a willingness to learn and work on all stages of the standard software life cycle including post-delivery support
- Possess excellent problem-solving, critical thinking skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
- Team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints
- Familiarization with unit and integration testing
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) for both macro and micro services
- Past experiences running, testing, and deploying application in a cloud environment
- Test tools & test data generation
- OpenJava, Ruby
- Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka
- Github, Gitlab or Bitbucket
- Maven, Ant or other software build tool, Jenkins, CI integration
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision-making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile