Career Contacts is a full service HR & Recruitment consulting firm. Through our services, Career Contacts builds bridges with candidates and corporate clients. We are passionate about our two-pronged goals in ensuring that companies hire the right person, and that job seekers find the right employer.
Imagine the opportunity! Our client is one of the leading sports and live entertainment companies based in Vancouver BC. They are looking for a Back-End Intermediate Software Engineer to join their team.
Our client has a range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity, with the option to work remotely full time.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Wage: $85,000 - $100,000 per year
Location: Vancouver, BC. (Remote work available)
- Ability to work remotely
- Full benefits plan including EHC, Life/AD&D, LTD coverage
- Collaborative team environment
- Research, design, and implement robust backend solutions
- Develop and improve our existing product offering through new services and technologies
- Participate in brainstorming and contribute ideas to our technology and products
- Work closely with the designers, product managers and other stakeholders to define and execute our vision and values
- Role model and mentor to the engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field
- Significant experience with large scale and High-performance systems
- 7+ years of experience
- Sound full stack development experience: expertise in Python, TypeScript, or other similar languages
- Experience developing and deploying in Cloud technologies, especially AWS
- Experience building large infrastructures around RESTful APIs
- Extensive experience with using containerized environments
- Experience with databases (ideally MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis in AWS cloud)
- Highly collaborative
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and change; enjoys working in a self-directed entrepreneurial work environment
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and results-driven
- Positive outlook, curious, desire to learn and grow
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multitask
Please submit your resume in a Word document and let us know why you are the right fit for this role.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place