Intermediate Software Developer
iCarol - Remote
Do you have experience with modern software languages and frameworks?
Have you worked on a Cloud-based SAAS product?
Are you looking for a chance to utilize your technical skills and master new, modern tools to ensure our software meets your high standards?
Do you enjoy solving challenging issues that require skills and a mindset focused on end user satisfaction and usability?
Are you excited about getting a chance to grow your career?
iCarol has an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer within our Research and Development department.
This role would require a technical and creative mindset and a willingness to learn and understand the business processes behind our flagship software (iCarol) for Crisis Help Centers and Non-profit Organizations across the globe.
Reporting to the Manager of Research and Development, the successful Software Developer will work closely with other developers and quality assurance staff (all working remotely) always improving and enhancing our highly customizable product.WHAT WILL YOUR NEW ROLE BE
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Use MS Visual Studio, ASP.NET, C#, HTML, JQuery, Blazor WASM, Angular JS, Vue JS on the application side.
- Use SSMS, SQL Server and other SQL Server tools on the database side.
- Communicate with both internal staff and external clients to ensure software releases are tested, delivered and documented.
- Investigate the root cause of software bugs and fix them in releases every 3 weeks.
- Work on new enhancements / improvements to iCarol.
- Participate in daily standup meetings to review the ongoing work and discuss potential issues / hurdles with the team.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- 3+ years of professional experience developing software in an agile environment
- Relevant Bachelor's degree, diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with ASP.NET framework, C#, SQL Server, TSQL, Entity Framework, ADO.NET on the backend
- Experience working with and developing REST APIs and integrating with 3rd party applications
- Experience with IIS web server, web application deployment and debugging
- Exposure to Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Proficiency and understanding of relational databases, MS SQL Server
- Flexibility in working off regular business hours occasionally
WHAT WE OFFER
- Experience with business process in Crisis Help Centers and Non-profit Organizations
- Aptitude and enjoyment for solving analytical puzzles
- Deep experience in ASP.NET and SQL Server
At iCarol the work is not mundane, the learning never stops and you will be provided with both personal and professional growth, technical challenges, and a chance to learn about yourself and what you are capable of. In exchange for consistent performance, you will have the benefit of working largely autonomously and with reasonable flexibility to accommodate personal demands in your work life. ABOUT OUR BUSINESS
Whether you are an Executive Director, program manager or leader of a non-profit contact center, helpline, charity, or other organization serving people in need, iCarol ( https://www.icarol.com ) is here to make the job easier. Whether you run a crisis center, helpline, community program, ADRC, or 211 or other information and referral service, iCarol is there to help you help more people in the community.
We serve over 80,000 staff and volunteers at non-profits and charities around the world. iCarol is the first and only commercially available, subscription based, helpline software management system that automates all the processes associated with managing service delivery and service administration. While iCarol was originally built specifically for non-profit helplines, our solution serves not-for-profit agencies of many different scopes and types who serve people in need not just over the phone, but in-person, on the web, and through live chat or texting conversations.
Software and Programming