We're Frozen Mountain Software, a global leader in Internet-Based Real-Time Communications (iRTC) solutions--we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most
. We're a hidden gem that is based in the heart of Surrey, BC (the fastest-growing city in the province!) We were awarded 2018 & 2019 Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers and we were featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family (employees!) from flexible work hours, work-from-home days, tons of free food and snacks, and awesome company events are just the beginning. The teams themselves are high-impact, A-players who are incredibly passionate!
Here's what we rock at; capturing elusive requirements, then documenting difficult specifications, and engineering solid foundations. Oh, and we do this all against the relentless ticking of the project clock. At Frozen Mountain we believe that programming is a craft, an art form. We're looking for an Intermediate Full Stack Software Developer
who shares this sentiment, who applies ingenuity in their work to get the best solutions. If you are a senior developer who takes pride in your craft, enjoys the Real-Time Communication world, then come work small miracles with us every day!
What you will be doing:
- Platform Reliability is a new focus of the Engineering team. It involves a group of passionate individuals working to ensure that any defects, regressions, and inefficiencies are quickly identified and fixed.
- Prioritizing customer-facing issues above all else, Platform Reliability developers have an in-depth understanding of our WebRTC Client SDK (which spans five languages and a dozen platforms), WebRTC signaling and media streaming services, and other diverse microservices that are developed and maintained by the Engineering department.
We're often asked, what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain. You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE!
(Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence
). Is the FORCE
strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.
- Legally able to work in Canada - specifically, in our office in Surrey, BC
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise-grade software
- First-class analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with UX designers, developers, product owners, and other team members
- Passion for working in an exciting environment and delivering new technologies and products to the marketplace
- Ability to learn quickly
- Substantial experience with using and creating RESTful APIs
- Practical knowledge of API security and modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and JWT
- Experience with C# and ASP.NET
- Experience with Relational Database Systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, etc
- Experience with SQL, including designing high-performance schemas and query optimization
- Experience with Git and CI tools
- Experience with SaaS operations
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
The great to have:
- Message queueing protocols such as AMQP
- NoSQL databases (BigQuery, MongoDB, etc)
- Developing cloud-native applications using the Twelve-Factor methodology
- Using/developing microservices and operating/supporting them in production
- Event-driven architectures
- Containers and container orchestration tools (i.e., Kubernetes and Docker)
- Agile development approaches such as Scrum
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and commission - we're not just saying that! We compare our salaries to local averages to make sure that we stay ahead.
- Extended Health Benefits paid 100% by the company and RRSP matching
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Free snack bars, fruits, veggies, specialty coffee and tea, and soft drinks in the office (and of course the Nespresso machine!)
- Weekly catered lunches, monthly pub nights, and awesome staff and family events
- Comfortable, ergonomic workspaces with top-notch hardware
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 50 employees, 500 customers, and 1000s of developers building with our product worldwide. Through technology and innovation, we inspire and enable development teams through industry-leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers for Developers!
Frozen Mountain is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status