MDA Halifax is seeking an experienced software developer to assist in the expansion and maintenance of the VICTORIA Class Submarine Command Team Trainer (VSCTT).
The VSCTT is a large legacy trainer involving real and simulated systems operating in a synthetic environment. It is in the early stages of rework both to keep pace with the submarine as well as a change in role from stand-alone simulation to participant in joint exercises.
The successful candidate will join the VSCTT In-Service Support (ISS) team, a small group which is responsible full life-cycle control of the simulator. Every member has a strong influence upon the direction and success of the rework and the maintenance activities which will follow. This is a challenging position with a high profile within the organization and is an excellent opportunity for a skilled intermediate developer. Responsibilities
- Software engineering within a complex simulation architecture consisting of diverse hardware and software.
- Execution of the complete software life-cycle from specification through delivery and support.
- Investigation of legacy systems for defects and potential for enhancement.
- Integration of in-house and third-party systems into the simulation architecture.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math/Physics from a recognized University
Would be considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in C++.
- Experience developing parallel distributed systems.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- 2 or more years of work experience in software design.
- Experience with maintenance of large code bases (in excess of one million lines).
- Experience with distributed simulation architectures (HLA, DIS).
- Experience supporting deployed systems in the field, including excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- User interface design experience.
- Experience porting code between operating systems and languages.
Successful candidate(s) must hold or be eligible to obtain a NATO Secret Security and Controlled Goods clearances.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: December 10, 2018
Closes: February 8, 2019