Job ID GRDV448 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
The Intermediate React Developer is a member of a small, highly focused team, responsible for building a modern, sophisticated messaging application, using leading edge technologies. This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best developers in Vancouver and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you'll fit in around here. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Work as a part of an agile development team, to design and implement a fully-interactive, single-page style web application for a messaging system
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Collaborate with interaction designers to translate mock-ups into a functioning web application that is accessible and responsive with exceptional usability
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Experience writing functional tests using web testing frameworks
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Unit testing with Mocha or Jasmine/Jest
- Enterprise application development
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 15, 2018
Closes: January 14, 2019