This is a 1-year maternity leave contract with the possibility of a permanent offer upon review.
As a QA Engineer, you will bring extensive QA and technical expertise to test our Absolute technology and other business applications developed with the latest micro-service technologies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for writing and executing manual and automated test cases as well as specialized testing covering the one or more areas of: UI, API, security, system performance, log monitoring, network/protocol analysis, and installation/configuration.
In addition to test creation/execution the candidate will be involved in using and extending the test automation framework.Responsibilities:
What you will need to be considered:
- Take an active role in the creation of the project test plan including risk analysis, test strategy, and test scope.
- Provide accurate task estimates and status reports.
- Review Product requirements/specifications and other technical documentation to ensure test ability and completeness.
- Develop automated UI, API, and performance tests.
- Develop automated other functional and non-functional tests.
- Execute manual and automated tests on Web-based client-server application.
- Execute manual and automated tests on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac Platform.
- Identify and record descriptive defects.
- Collaborate closely with Development, Program Management and Support to analyze and resolve issues.
What you will need to stand out:
- Intermediate programming skill in Java (must have)
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with testing Enterprise software in a Client/Server or Web environment
- Experience with test automation for Web
- Solid test plan and test case writing skill
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Excellent understanding of SDLC and quality process
- Experience with Industry standard test automation, test and defect management tools
- Self-motivated, independent, detail orientated and responsible team-player
Why Work For Us?
- Experience with REST API testing
- Experience with Micro services testing
- Experience with VMWare or other emulators
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Scrum
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility-both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, San Jose, California, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming Information Technology