The Intermediate Project Manager acts as a project manager for a number of concurrent standard projects of varying size and complexity.
This position is part of a PM team and, though largely independent in nature, requires teamwork and collaboration amongst peers as needed. Provides overall planning, scheduling, tracking, and reporting for project teams.
- Plan and manage project activities for a variety of diverse and complex projects for both internal and external clients utilizing project management principles, methodologies, tools and techniques in compliance with Project Management Office.
- Employ and adhere to the processes and procedures stipulated for all phases of project work.
- Develop a project risk management plan to identify, assess and mitigate project risks.
- Producing project charters, plans/schedules, status reports, risk and issue logs, and other deliverables
- Assign work and provide instructions, advice and direction to the project teams.
- Manage project scope, timeline and budget within agreed tolerances throughout the life-cycle of the project and adjust project plan in consultation with stakeholders as required in order to meet objectives.
- Ensure project deliverables are delivered to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Adhere to project change control policies, procedures and practices for management of scope, notify stakeholders of scope change, delays, and significant variances against budget, and prepare Project Change Request documents for approval when required.
- Ensure project transition and handover activities upon project completion are planned and implemented as agreed.
- Interfacing with internal departments involved in the program; ensuring project transition and handover activities upon project completion are planned and implemented
- Close out projects and capture essential lessons learned to ensure future projects are successful.
- Participate in continual professional development activities inside and outside the office.
- Perform other duties as required to deliver exceptional service.
Between 5-8 years progressively more responsible relevant IT experience, including a minimum of 5 years' experience working on projects in accordance with standard project management methodologies and best practices.
Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence, Trello, Slack, and SharePoint is also an asset.
Project Management education and PMP certification or working towards certification is preferred. Agile/Scrum experience/certification preferred.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of project management principles, methodologies, tools and techniques. Is open to change and new information; adapts behaviour or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity.
Ability to plan and manage projects and team resources and produce high quality documentation.
Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients, technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
Good client management skills.
Ability to manage projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment.
Good business acumen.