Oneworld Accuracy Inc is looking for an Intermediate Systems Engineer to expand our IT Infrastructure Team. This role will offer you the opportunity to apply your experience and skillset and advance your career. We are looking for an individual with significant experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of the following technologies: Virtualization, Storage Systems, Data Protection, Operating Systems (Linux and Windows), Server and Desktop applications, Networking & Security and Cloud services such as AWS and Office 365.
As the Systems Engineer at Oneworld Accuracy Inc, you will be taking an important role in maintaining the existing environment as well as improving it. You bring along experience implementing best practices and standards and applying these in a thoughtful and disciplined manner. You will need to engage with other staff members, such as developers, system architects, managers and end-users.
As a member of the IOPS team, you will report to the Manager of IT Infrastructure. Your location of work is Burnaby (we are moving the head office to West 8th Avenue). This is a fulltime position with occasional out-of-hours work.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a DevOps environment: Systems Administration/Engineering/Application (Programming and/or scripting). You are also familiar working with the related tools: JIRA, Confluence; methodologies and frameworks such as Agile/SCRUM.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Research, recommend, deploy and support software and hardware for sustainability and growth;
- Design, size and implement IT solutions for the business;
- Recommend improvements and implement improvements in the IT Infrastructure;
- Perform ongoing maintenance of the IT Infrastructure (VMWare, Cisco UCS, Nimble SAN, NAS, Cisco/Dell/HP Networking switches, Fortinet Firewalls and Access Points, Veeam Backup & Replication, AWS, Office 365, VOIP, Lenovo hardware, network printers and scanners, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 Desktop OS, CentOS, Load balancers, Apache webservers and Apache Tomcat application servers, JBOSS and JAVA applications);
- Executing upgrades and migrations, these could be system upgrades (firmware), OS upgrades, technology upgrades or platform/component upgrades ;
- Troubleshooting & performing root-cause analysis for system and/or application failures, network, hardware and software.
- Work with vendors technical support on solutions under maintenance contract;
- maintain administration records in the IT Operations Catalog: accurate record-keeping and documentation of Infrastructure assets, licensing and deployment;
- maintain user accounts, permissions, access to resources, security groups, group policies, access control lists;
- Creation and maintenance of IT policies, procedures and technical specifications, creating end user documentation, demos for training and communication;
- Maintain and contribute to the IOPS Knowledge Base on Confluence;
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and certifications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related educational background;
- Significant experience with Linux is preferred;
- ITIL v3 Foundation;
- Microsoft Certification
- MCSA Windows 10/Windows 2012/2016
- MCSA Office 365
- MCSA SQL Server 2012/2016;
- VMWare VCP-DCV (5 or 6);
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) or Linux Professional Institute (LPIC-2);
- Cisco Networking and/or HP Networking certification;
In addition to the technical skills, you have and bring
- at least 5 years of experience managing heterogenous environments consisting of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016, Linux CentOS/Red Hat or similar (this includes the deployment, patching and upgrade of the Operating System);
- at least 5 years of experience managing Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, Active Directory Certificate Services, DHCP, File and Print Services;
- at least 5 years of experience managing VMware ESXi/vCenter, and virtual machines;
- at least 5 years of experience working with Veeam Backup products and other Disaster Recovery Technologies;
- at least 4 years of experience working with and managing Fortinet products (Fortigate and FortiAP);
- at least 4 years of experience managing Cloud solutions such as Office 365;
- at least 4 years of experience managing LAN, WAN and SDWAN technologies & protocols (VLAN, QoS, subnetting, IP, IPSec, SSL VPN);
- at least 3 years of experience working with and managing SAN platforms such as Nimble and you are knowledgeable on Multipathing, iSCSI, storage policies, storage management;
- at least 3 years of experience managing a Cisco CUCM VOIP phone system or similar;
- at least 4 years of experience managing applications platforms such as Apache Webservers, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS and JAVA, Jenkins, Nagios, GIT, CVS, MAVEN;
- At least 3 years of experience managing encryption (TLS protocols, ciphers, symmetric and asymmetric cryptology, SSL Certificates);
- at least 3 years of experience managing Microsoft SQL Server and/or MySQL Server;
- at least 3 years of experience working with and maintaining load balancers (hardware, appliance based and Apache software based);
- at least 2 years of experience writing scripts in the following languages PowerShell, Bash or other scripting language;
- experience with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) is preferred (S3, Glacier, EC2);
While having the technical skills and experience is essential for this role, for you to succeed:
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- You are able to deal with stressful situations and remain calm;
- You are comfortable providing technical support to staff members and working on initiatives and/or projects;
- You are motivated to improve yourself (you are a self-learner), IOPS, the infrastructure and the company; have a commitment to professional development to ensure they keep up with the latest technologies, and be willing to take courses to learn these skills through both formal and non-formal means;
- You are a team player and enjoy working in a team, this may include members outside of your own team – but you also able to work independently on an assigned task, initiative and/or project;
- You have a GTD attitude (Getting-Things-Done), you manage your own expectations and deliver on or beyond expectations;
- You employ a methodical approach to your work and deliver your work with a high degree of accuracy & quality;
- You possess an impeccable character and high ethical and quality standards;
- You value and respect colleagues and other members of staff;
- You work with others to develop and improve our services;
- You take personal responsibility for your words and actions and the quality of your service;
Benefits: After successful completion of probation benefits package (health, dental, vision) will apply.
Please note that this position is only open to candidates who are legally allowed to work in Canada. VISA sponsorship and/or relocation assistance will not be provided. Oneworld Accuracy Inc will not respond to candidates represented by a recruiter, recruitment agency nor solicitation.
All candidates will be required to pass a cognitive ability test and a technical test. At least two verbal references must be provided by the candidate. Oneworld Accuracy Inc reserves the right to validate your credentials, degree and/or professional certifications.
Posted: January 10, 2019
Closes: February 15, 2019