Intermediate iOS Developer
Job ID GRDV412 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com .
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Mobile developers in Vancouver and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and QA. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you'll fit in around here. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Work as part of an agile development team to implement mobile applications for iOS devices to deliver enterprise services
- Write automated unit and integration tests for your code
- Design, in collaboration with other developers, product management and the user experience team, user interfaces and software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Design, in collaboration with the architecture team, the system architectures that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for code
- Document code and detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum 3+ years of experience building native applications for iOS devices with both Objective-C and Swift
- Experience migrating Objective-C projects to Swift
- Experience developing client/server/web interactions
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Native Android application development
- Hybrid mobile application development
- App Store application publishing
- Telephony/Network API's
- SQL/SQLite database
- Continuous Integration frameworks
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.