Requisition ID: 114781
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here - and it starts with you.
As an intermediate iOS developer, you will be contributing to development of world-class digital products and experiences on the iOS platform that touch millions of Scotiabank customers every day. You would also contribute to the overall success of the Digital Banking Unit in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Is this role right for you?
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Work with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, review pull requests, and implement documented designs
- Develop high-quality code by reviewing work with designer and product owners and resolving any issues quality assurance testers
- Collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank's flagship mobile app
- Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
- Stays on top of reviewing others' code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
- Always works to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team. Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
What's in it for you?
- 3+years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development), including experience with Swift 5 and XCTest
- Strong knowledge of UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically
- Familiarity with different software design patterns, with some experience providing hands-on architectural design for native iOS apps
- Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Experience with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Good knowledge of iOS design best practices and Apple's Human Interface Guidelines. Willing and able to provide designers with constructive feedback
- Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with Combine and SwiftUI
- Comfortable working on a large-scale product as part of a large and complex enterprise, with both new technologies and building on top of legacy systems
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Investment Banking, Web Design, Technology, Finance, Creative