Intermediate High Rise Plumbing Designer: Harvey 2335
We are currently looking for a High Rise Residential, Intermediate Plumbing Designer, for our company located in Vancouver BC.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Produce and maintain technical and engineering drawings using AutoCAD software as required. AutoCAD experience is required
- Produce designs and drawings for plumbing systems, i.e. plumbing load calculation, system design including layout and schematic.
- Prepare designs and drawings for mechanical room layout, piping arrangement details and installation details.
- Detailing and pipe sizing calculations.
- Apply the requirements of Plumbing codes/standards as applicable to the respective project in executing plumbing design work
- Check drawings according to procedures prior to release
- Ensure coordination with designers and engineers of other disciplines
- Produce detailed engineering drawings and documentation for local authority submission and for tendering.
- Participation in formal engineering review processes
- Perform site visits and verify on-site condition and dimensions relating to existing facilities
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Mechanical (or Plumbing) engineering diploma from a recognized college
- Minimum of two to five years relevant design experience
- Experience in large-projects such high-rise residential or commercial projects
- Ability to design with AutoCAD format
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the project
- Understanding of other discipline requirements
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good safety awareness
- Ability to work with team members and under supervision with senior staff
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package available after 3 months