We're looking for an Intermediate Graphic Designer to play an essential role in the creation of design and production solutions across different media, including email, web, social media, paid ads, interactive experiences and print design. Working within the Brand team this role will implement projects with accuracy and attention to detail; research and develop thoughtful, strategic campaigns; participate in client presentations; ensure deadlines are met for a successful launch; and learn from tracking performance results. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to the Art Director. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Design and produce a wide range of deliverables for social, email, web, digital paid ads and print-based projects with defined objectives and strategies
- Ensure designs are on brand and aligned with our brand purpose
- Work collaboratively on team-based projects within established timeframes
- Be responsible for all design components of the project from initial ideation and refinement through to final deliverables
- Concept development and presentation - work collaboratively with a team of creative experts (writers, illustrators, photographers, motion designers, and/or videographers) to build, present, and execute brand campaigns and programs with a fluency in all social channels
- Present to, and interact with a variety of internal and external audiences and stakeholders
- Support all aspects of the design process - from concept to completion, design and production
- Keep an eye on the details, communicating with the team throughout the project, organization and multitasking
- Work collaboratively with team members, and work independently at various stages of a project
- Work with project management tools like Wrike, managing multiple projects with numerous deadlines, mindful of budgets and capable of ensuring measurable results with scalable processes.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Interaction Design
- Considerable experience as a graphic designer with a killer portfolio showcasing social media, web, mobile and print projects that you designed and produced
- Fully proficient skills with Mac OS
- Advanced skills using Adobe CC with a core focus on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Advanced skills in creating designs that are responsive and mobile friendly
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and CMS
- Working knowledge of UX/UI strategies and processes
- Working knowledge of Sketch
- Certificate or courses in UX/UI Design
- Unbounce experience, page design, production and trouble-shooting skills
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of key performance metrics for brand and content
- Experience marketing to the B2B industry, ideally in SAAS
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sales and Marketing