is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER, SURREY
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms - made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments. The Opportunity:
WSP E&I has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Vancouver, British Columbia.
This is an opportunity to work on interesting and important projects under a variety of diverse terrain and project conditions, throughout the province of British Columbia and to leverage your experience with a team that is committed to growth, development and delivery of high quality project outcomes Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• Our Hybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
As an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer with WSP E&I, your day to day will include:
• Geotechnical/geological engineering duties assisting senior staff on a wide variety of mining, transportation, municipal, terrain development, resource industry, utility, and commercial/ industrial projects
• Assisting with preparation, proposal writing and technical reports
• Contributing to the mentorship and development of junior geotechnical engineering staff
• Assisting with various field and/or office activities, including but not limited to:
• Conducting field investigations and mapping
• Instrumentation installation, monitoring and data compilation
• Occasional laboratory and field testing for soils, rock and aggregates
• Assisting senior technical staff in carrying-out various data analyses and evaluations of projects
• Construction monitoring
• Following and taking a pro-active role in corporate health safety and environmental programs
• Developing technical skills, experience and contribute to a positive team environment
• Providing excellent practical client service with a commitment to technical excellence, and
• Collaborating with other Wood offices and geotechnical engineering staff on projects in Western Canada What you'll bring to WSP ...
• University graduate with a degree in Geological Engineering or a geologically oriented geotechnical engineering program
• A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, which can include previous summer or co-op employment terms in geotechnical/materials engineering, engineering consulting, geological fieldwork, earthworks construction, or remote resource development work
• Well organized approach to work, with a sound base in the application of soil mechanics, rock mechanics, geomorphology, engineering geology, hydrogeology and interested in technical and personal advancement
• Current registration or eligible for registration as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia
• Valid driver's license
• Excellent written and oral communication (English) skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal tactfully and effectively with teammates
• Excellent computer and technical writing skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment are essential
• Willingness and physical ability to lift and hike in rugged/remote terrain conditions
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently to a variety of project sites
All geotechnical engineering candidates are encouraged to apply, as they will be considered for alternative roles commensurate with their experience
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Intermediate (6 - 10 years)
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada/, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/