is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more. The Opportunity:
WSP Golder is seeking an experienced Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our BC & Yukon Geotechnical Engineering & Laboratory Group in WSP Golder Vancouver, BC office on a full-time basis. The roles and responsibilities will entail a combination of technical work and involvement in developing our geotechnical engineering business including proposal writing, and client development. Why WSP Golder?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP Golder is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Providing technical support, direction and leadership in geotechnical projects including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation, design and construction, and geotechnical analysis
• Planning and executing a wide variety of geotechnical projects, including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation, design and construction, geotechnical analysis, and dam safety inspection and reviews
• Collaborating with other members of the geotechnical groups in other WSP Golder offices in a business development role with a focus to grow the geotechnical business
• Managing technical and financial aspects of geotechnical assignments for both small and large projects We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
• A minimum of 9 years of geotechnical consulting engineering experience
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in geotechnical, geological or civil engineering
• Registration, or eligibility for registration, as a Professional Engineer with EGBC
• Experience in problem-solving with common industry commercial computer software for foundation design, slope stability and finite element/difference analyses
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Experience with and aptitude for business and client development
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Be well versed in risk assessment and general Health & Safety requirements
• Demonstrated experience with solving field construction testing and engineering problems
• Experience with professional services and construction contracts and with specification writing and implementation
• Experience with a range of Project Management technical and financial responsibilities
• Be available for local and international business travel and extended working hours when required
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Intermediate (6 - 10 years)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/