Are you an experienced Full Stack Engineer looking for new challenges? Do you get excited about learning new technology and jumping in to mentor others? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? If this sounds like you, read on!
As an Intermediate Full Stack Engineer, you will work closely with product managers, product designers and QA to help translate business requirements and specifications into deliverable, high-quality platform features. You will be hands-on with all aspects of our application stack so that business milestones are met, while also investigating, assessing and fixing defects within the product. Additionally, you are expected to be up to date with the latest trends and technologies in product development in order to ensure that best practices for quality software development and testing methodologies are followed. You will also be a go-to resource for mentorship, helping to support the growth and development of other members of our product team.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product
- Participate in our agile development process to design and implement new features
- Participate in architectural design, review, and implementation of production-quality features
- Participate in effort and complexity estimation for new or proposed product features and tasks
- Lead medium-large feature projects from conception to completion, working with stakeholders to identify project risks and recommend mitigating solutions
- Mentor junior team members and perform design/code reviews
- Conduct new technology research; bring fresh ideas and concepts to light on product development
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a full stack role (we will also consider less formally experienced applicants that still demonstrate a strong grasp of full stack development, have past work to show and are eager to grow quickly)
- Have experience with CSS processors such as PostCSS, Sass, or Less
- Have experience designing and implementing RESTful services
- Have working experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails applications
- Believe that writing tests as a part of a feature is not just a nice to have, but is necessary
- Have experience using Git and related tools like GitHub, GitLab, etc
- Have experience with relational databases, SQL and engines like PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Have experience with web application architecture and web server technologies like Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have working experience with build tools such as Webpack and npm scripts
- Have previous experience with React.js and Ember.js
- Have experience with GraphQL API design
- Have experience building Single Page Applications
- Have experience creating, maintaining and deploying applications to AWS - Cloud Computing Services
Bonus points if you:
- Have previous experience working for a SAAS-based startup
- Have experience working with container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Have experience with Golang
- Have experience with Rails Engines
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses. Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe, while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Our customer support is the best in the industry and one of the main reasons educators love using Thinkific!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on building best-in-class software for one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver
- We offer competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We have an open vacation policy and flexible work environment… because sometimes you do your best work in slippers ;)
- Our office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer and cider to keep you fuelled
- We're dog-friendly and have many furry friends sitting nearby, ready to be cuddled
- We get together often for fun company events (we’ve flown to California, hosted family BBQs, conquered The Chief, gone rock climbing and put our heads together to tackle creative challenges at our Hackathons)
- We have an amazing existing team of talented developers, marketers, designers, customer champions, and other tech industry pros that want to work with you
- Everyone has an equal opportunity to impact our product and company—we strongly value all of our people (the ones we work alongside and the ones we serve)
- We are passionate about education—we provide learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow through workshops, training, blogs, meetups, books and mentorships
- We provide a technology bonus for when you need to upgrade or replace your existing system
- We care about helping you grow your career AND your family. Family is important to us, and our paid parental leave provides you with a little extra help while you’re beginning this new adventure.
- We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity. We welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!