Intermediate Full Stack Developer
Semaphore is founded and led by experienced software professionals. We prioritize high-quality software, and look for team members who share that commitment. We believe that communicative and collaborative teams are the best, and our management strives to ensure an open and supportive environment. We are looking for developers who are productive, pragmatic, and deliver high-quality output.
If you are an intermediate full stack developer who enjoys contributing to a team, mastering your craft, and embracing your inner nerd, we encourage you to learn more about this opportunity.
What to Expect
Within One Month
- You’ll ramp up on your project's engineering stack by collaborating with your peers.
- You’ll learn Semaphore’s implementation process, code standards, key milestones, and configuration requirements.
- You’ll become comfortable with our collaboration tools (Slack, Github, Jira, GSuite, and Confluence).
- You’ll learn how it all works within Semaphore: the team roles, the interactions, the metrics, the processes.
Within Three Months
- You’ll be fully ramped up on the tech stack, tools, metrics, and you’ll be able to hold your own in a code review.
- You’ll become familiar with domain terminologies and processes.
- You’ll be implementing full features for distribution to our customers.
- You’ll be comfortable applying your unique technical and personal expertise gained from previous companies and projects.
- You'll have celebrated at least one company milestone at Semaphore, and you’ll have started feeding your own unique flavour into the company culture.
- You’ll know the capabilities of your team members, and trust them to get their job done.
Within Six Months
- You’ll feel comfortable with the tech stack, and you’ll understand the communication patterns and common pitfalls in projects.
- You'll have identified areas in which you’d like to grow, and will have our support in doing so.
- You’ll be confident interacting with clients, helping them use the systems we’ve implemented.
- You’ll demonstrate understanding and proficiency in one or more of the following: application architecture, using and building APIs, configuration, disaster recovery, platform security, DevOps, or your own unique skill-set.
- You'll start engaging with the estimation and scoping process with project teams. You’ll be able to discuss feature requirements with client stakeholders and make design decisions.
Beyond Six Months
- You’ll be able to identify common patterns for customization, system interoperability, automation, and develop reusable tools or processes to inform our future client engagements.
- You’ll support the team by providing informed advice, custom solutions and consultative implementation support for our growing client base.
- You’ll have a solid picture of how software plays a critical role in the management of our clients' businesses.
- You’ll take feedback from peers and identify your career path and how Semaphore fits in it. You’ll have a sense of Semaphore’s growth, and feel comfortable contributing your ideas that improve your team and the overall company.
- You’ll have engaged with our technical marketing and sales leads to share customer experience and satisfaction. If interested, you’ll have the option to participate in identifying new opportunities, service offerings, technical process improvements, or any area of interest.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years software development experience
- Proven experience with C#, .NET and AngularJS. Additional experience with Python, TypeScript, and SQL Server is also desirable
- Ability to identify the appropriate language, tools, and frameworks for the task at hand
- Ability to build a strong relationship with clients & team members
- Excellent professional communication skills; must possess the ability to clearly and concisely explain concepts to clients, both verbally and in written form
- Experience with requirements definition and client interactions
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Flexible & self-motivated
- Knowledge of DevOps practices; CI, CD, & AutoTest pipeline experience
- Strong comprehension skills & the ability to synthesize complex information
Semaphore strives to have a supportive environment where employees are free to be themselves and can find a sense of belonging. We value inclusiveness as we believe it is integral to a happy and innovative workplace. We offer competitive salaries, vacation, extended health/dental, life insurance, RRSP matching, professional development, flexible hours and options to work from home. Our downtown office is equipped with secure, street-level bike storage and sunny patio space for office events, lunch or meetings.