As a DevOps/SRE Engineer you will be responsible for the reliability and smooth operation of production and test environments and build automation to improve reliability and efficiency of code delivery from build to production.
At Global Relay we use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000's of servers and the infrastructure that delivers highly scalable and available services. The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at.Your Job:
Depending on your team's needs and your skill-sets, your time will be split between
About You:3+ years experience as a DevOps/SRE engineer or similar roleBachelor degree in Computer Science or related fieldUnderstanding of computer science fundamentals like threading, OOP and moreUnderstanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols, databases and moreUnderstanding of software delivery practices such as Git branching models and configuration managementExperience with:
- Automation: Developing tools & frameworks to enhance our CI (Continuous Integration) & CD (Continuous Delivery) automation using industry standard CI/CD practices
- Operations: Monitor and ensure smooth operation of production and test environments by executing common sysadmin (system administration) tasks and automating repetitive tasks
- Service Reliability: Occasionally provide support and initial troubleshooting when required by reviewing dashboards and logs to ensure system issues are timely addressed
Experience with any of these:
- Linux (CentOS preferred), Bash and Maven/Gradle
- Database fundamentals for Ms SQL or NoSql DB's
- Automation using Bash, Python or other similar scripting languages
- Writing, reading and deciphering code in Java or other similar programming languages
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible
- Load balancing tools such as HA-Proxy, Nginx or F5
- Instrumentation & Monitoring tools such as: Splunk, Zabbix, or Prometheus
- Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka, Ms SQL, or MongoDB
- Containerization/Virtualization technology such as Docker, VMware or OpenShift Kubernetes
- Understanding of software delivery practices such as feature toggling, no-downtime deployment
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in eight other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 - Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume.How to Apply
Think you're a great fit for this job? Please apply HERE: http://bit.ly/GRDV763
with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To learn more about us and other career opportunities, please visit http://www.globalrelay.com/jobs
Software and Programming