Intermediate DevOps Engineer (Windows)
Job ID GRDV430 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time Base Salary Range $50,000 - $80,000 P/Yr.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com .
As a development team member, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of production systems and development/test environments. At Global Relay you'll use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000s of servers and the infrastructure that delivers a highly scalable and available service. You will also play a critical role in proposing solutions, automating processes, documenting systems components and contributing to the overall product.
The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at. Technologies in Use:
- Big Data Technology (Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Deployment Automation (Ansible, Wix)
- Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Build Management Tools (Git, Nuget)
- Scripting (Python, PowerShell)
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Monitor the performance and improve reporting on production systems
- Database administration and report generation on production systems
- Enhance deployment procedures and participate in deployments
- Maintain and improve build and continuous integration system
- Ensure proper management of development, test and staging environments
- Design and execute performance benchmarks
- General system administration tasks on Windows and Linux platforms
- Provide 3rd level support
Base Salary Range:
- 3+ years experience as a System Administrator or as a Developer with Operations experience
- Fluency with Windows
- Solid understanding of networking/firewall concepts and technology
- Experience with the following technology is necessary:
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python or Perl
- Deployment tools such as Puppet, Ansible, or Fabric
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo or Hudson
- Virtualization technology such as VMware or Vagrant
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- C# or Java development
- Linux administration
- Microsoft SQL Server administration
- Containerization technology, such as as Docker or Kubernetes
- Monitoring technology such as Zabbix or Nagios
- Load-balancing technology, such as HA-Proxy or Zeus
- Configuration management
$50,000 - $80,000 per annum
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.