Founded in 1976, CGI is one of the worlds largest IT and business consulting services firms. We help clients achieve their goals, including becoming customer-centric digital organizations, through high-end IT and business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services combined with a unique client proximity model and global center of excellence network.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join CGI's team in Victoria BC to provide leading IT services to our local clients. We are seeking a skilled and innovative resource with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Database Administrator.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Database Administration (backup and recovery, DBMS upgrades, configuration, security)
• User and Identity Management
• Oracle AMS and ZFS File System Management
• Performance tuning and management
• Custom Python and Shell scripting
• Collaborating with OCIO Server Administrators
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• At least 3 years of experience working with Oracle Databases
• At least 2 years of experience working in DBMS procedural languages (TRANSACT, PL/SQL, etc.)
• At least 2 years of experience in Unix operating system functionality (AIX/Solaris/LINUX)
• Post-secondary degree/certificate
• Willingness to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
Nice to have
• SQL Server
• Oracle OCP
• ITIL Foundations certification
• Agile and DevOps
Connect with employer: