Seeking candidates with experience as a software Controls Engineer or Systems Engineer
to join the team in developing Ballard's Fuel Cell module products. Apply your expertise and knowledge in a variety of industries to help grow the hydrogen market in the transportation and power generation sectors. Successful candidates will understand and have background in implementing state, process logic, digital plus analog control systems. Experience commissioning, tuning, and troubleshooting control systems is also required
A successful candidate will work well independently and with the existing engineering team members and have a desire to learn. Commitment to delivering high quality software following established processes, procedures and coding styles is a must and so is flexibility to learn new ones.Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support Design and implementation of control logic including handling of complex control systems involvement state machines, alarm handling, PID loops and similar
- Software development using text-based coding such as C/C++ or IEC61131-3 structured text
- MISRA-C or ISO90 related C is a bonus
- Implementing and testing software for communication to CAN, LIN, or TCP/IP devices as well as handling of signals from digital and analog devices
- Preparation of technical documents, including component/system design documents
- Verification and validation of software through inspection, simulation, and testing
- Functional Safety related requirement for Software and documentation
- IEC61508, ISO26262, EN50128 etc.
- Documentation of control system requirements, design specifications, test procedures and test reports
- Troubleshooting of electrical/software interfaces
- Supporting hazard analysis through participation in DFMEA activities
Nice to have experience:
- An engineering degree from an accredited Electrical, Electronics or Computer Science university/college/institutional program
- 3-5 years of experience developing software for control systems
- Or equivalent project experience
- Experience with instrumentation including pressure, temperature, and flow measurement devices
- Experience with power device interfaces (motor drives, inverters, power supplies, contactors, DC/DC convertors etc.)
- Safety related system experience or Functional Safety.
- Vehicle or plant integration experience
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.