Requisition ID: 151523
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here - and it starts with you.
Contributeto the overall success of the Bank's Digital Channels in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensureall activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Is this role right for you?In this role, you will:
Canadian Banking; International Banking Scotia Digital Technology partners; Customer facing staff: QA departments Vendors Product groups Business lines
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Incident/problem management of primarily Notification Services (ENP) application.
- Triage and investigate severity 1 and major incidents and change management impacting the above-mentioned applications. Please be aware that on a rotation on-call basis, there will be significant responsibilities outside of traditional working hours
- The incumbent will perform a liaison role and ongoing interaction between various units including, but not limited to:
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and collaborate effectively with various technology and product partners.
- Be curious as the skill set and product knowledge will be ever evolving
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, balance simultaneous priorities and make quick and sound decisions under pressure
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team. Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?We'd love to work with you if you have:
What's in it for you?
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (technical or business)
- 3+ years of experience in supporting enterprise level applications or tier 1 applications
- A broad knowledge of retail banking and the procedures
- Excellent knowledge of incident and problem management with understanding of ITIL service delivery methodology
- Strong logical thinking in understanding end to end use cases; mapping the customer experience to the underlying technologies and vice versa
- Curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Effective communication and diplomacy skills are required to liaise between groups of varying technical expertise and interests
- Working knowledge of Service Now and Confluence or other enterprise support platforms
- Working knowledge of No SQL Databases like Cassandra and Mongo DB
- Working knowledge of Java 8 and above, Springboot, JSON
- A good understanding of Kafka and Azure Service Bus and Azure Notification Hub is valued
- A good understanding of various network components like firewall, F5, VPN, SSL and certificates
- A good understanding and interest of Cloud computing technologies - Kubernetes / Docker ; Azure, PCF is an asset
- Proficiency in performance and capacity management tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk is valued
- Good understanding of Agile delivery framework in order to support both waterfall and agile projects effectively
- Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and best practices
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Working location condition: Fully Remote
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Cloud, Investment Banking, Retail Sales, Software Engineer, Change Management, Technology, Management, Retail, Engineering, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance Information Technology