Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. BCAA has been named one of BC's Top Employers 2020! What BCAA offers you:
BCAA's Hillside location is searching for a Regular Full-Time Insurance Advisor!
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2020, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
The purpose of this transitional role is to provide opportunity for career progression to a Senior Insurance Advisor position once all goals, metrics, and competencies of the Senior Insurance Advisor have been performed at a successful level. Ongoing training and support to advance into this role, will be provided to ensure your long-term success.
As one of BCAA's Member-facing team members, the Insurance Advisor is a driven Insurance Professional dedicated to delivering amazing Member experiences and continuous revenue growth through the consultative selling of BCAA's products and services, with a focus on Homeowners' and Travel Insurance. The Insurance Advisor is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with our Members by reviewing coverages, making recommendations and cross-selling other BCAA products and services. The Insurance Advisor collaborates with a team who is passionate about igniting unparalleled Member loyalty that enables BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.Key Responsibilities: Sells and Upgrades BCAA Products and Services to New and Renewing Members
Manages Member/Customer Accounts and Concerns
- Through consultative in-person or over the phone sales, acquires new Home, ICBC, Optional Auto and Travel Insurance sales, new BCAA Membership and additional products and services
- Renews Home ICBC, Optional Auto and Travel Medical Insurance policies, BCAA Memberships and additional products and services , by reviewing current coverages and making recommendations
- Reviews product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
- Deepens Member relationships through cross-selling other BCAA products and services
- Creates and follows up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
- Collaborates with BCAA and other supplier's Underwriters
- Meets all prescribed sales, business-building and retention targets, BCAA and AAA/CAA Member experience goals, best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
Processes and Manages Member/Customer Documents
- Updates Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
- Processes endorsements and cancellations for Insurance, BCAA Memberships and additional products and services
- Issues new and renewal Membership transactions and Member entitlement products such as passport photos, international driving permits, Member maps, tour books and camp guides
- Resolves Member concerns by following BCAA's Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Acquires and Maintains Industry, Product and Systems Knowledge
- Processes payments and follow up on outstanding payments
- Issues new, renewal, endorsements and cancellations for Insurance policies, BCAA Memberships, and additional products and services
- Meets all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
Other Duties; as Assigned
- Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and Insurance manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
- Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
- Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitor's product offerings
- Maintains annual Insurance licensing requirements
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Greeting and administrative duties
- Completion of Grade 12
- 2 years' experience in a Sales and Service environment, including 6 months of General Insurance experience
- Level 1 Insurance license, and ability to obtain Level 2 Insurance license within 12 months of employment in this position
- Completion of Autoplan Essentials, or completion within 3 months of employment in this position
- Demonstrated sales productivity and selling skills, with proven ability to balance customer needs, disciplined risk management and revenue growth
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts; open to constructive feedback and willing to adapt based on feedback received
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to prioritize activities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Proven judgment and decision-making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations
- Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to meet prescribed sales, business-building, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
- Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Completion of BCAA Insurance-related training, specifically Home and Travel Insurance
- Experience selling Home and Travel Insurance
- Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
- Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographics
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance