Reporting to the Metallurgy Intelligence Manager, the Instrumentation & Control Engineer will assist Trail Operations to meet metallurgical control targets safely and cost-effectively through the development of new instrumentation and process control strategies.
This role is in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
This position offers a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package including relocation assistance. Come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Develop new instrumentation to reliably measure challenging process parameters
- Develop new process control strategies to improve process stability and improve adherence to metallurgical targets
- Lead site wide Instrumentation & Control safety and improvement programs
- Provide guidance as the Instrumentation & Control Subject Matter Expert for capital projects and in management of site-wide standards
- Review and audit plant and process equipment as well as practices to ensure compliance to codes, regulations, and safety standards
- Draft technical reports and Instrumentation & Control documentation
- University degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industrial Instrumentation & Control experience
- Registered as a P.Eng., or eligible for registration, with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC)
- Experience developing new instrumentation applications in an industrial setting, coordinating with instrumentation trades
- Experience with regulatory process control and knowledge of advanced process control
- Experience with instrumentation & control safety and reliability
- Experience reading, updating, and developing instrumentation & control documentation
- Experience with control system logic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Other job titles include: Automation Engineer, Control Engineer, Instrumentation Engineer, Automation, ProcessJob Segment:
Instrumentation, Coal Mining, Compliance, Controls Engineer, Engineering, Mining, Legal
Apply now »
Maintenance and Technicians