Job Description Summary
Looking for a role that involves supporting customer's cutting edge research in cell biology? As a Field Applications Specialist, you will provide scientific and technical support for customers and Sales Representatives for our cell separation, cell culture media, and lab instrument products. This role provides an opportunity to contribute to product development, innovation and solution provision for our customers, as well as to maintain our leadership presence in the life sciences industry. This field position is based in Vancouver, Canada, but involves travel across North America to customer sites.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cell samples and perform lab instrument demos, installations and tests for existing and potential customers.
- Develop educational curricula, teach and train customers, internal staff, and distributors on all steps of product use, clearly answer technical questions, and concisely explain scientific concepts.
- Develop, troubleshoot, analyze, optimize, and validate protocols for new & existing customers related to lab instrumentation products.
- Build relationships with product users to understand, respond to and document customer issues and identify solutions.
- Relay customer feedback and recommend product-enhancement opportunities to Engineering, Technical Support and Product Development teams across the company.
- Regularly travel to meet with customers in the field and represent STEMCELL at conferences, workshops and trade shows as required; international travel is a requirement in this role up to 50% of the time.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Immunology, Hematology, Molecular Biology or an Applied Science with at least 5 years of relevant experience. Educational experience can be substituted for work experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills, both in one-on-one and in a group setting.
- Team oriented yet self-motivated and mature enough to work independently; highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy, and proficient at time management.
- Ability to explain scientific and technical information to both experts and non-experts alike.
- Excellent analysis, troubleshooting and customer service skills.
- Sales experience is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with lab instruments is considered an asset.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Community and Social Services