As our Instructional Designer
, you will be an integral part of our Traction University team. Traction University is Traction on Demand's onboarding, training and enablement group that provides learning, development and facilitation opportunities to our Tractionites, partners and customers. You will support the TU team in implementing and developing a variety of learning initiatives.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't just about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction on Demand is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done."Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- Post-secondary education in Education, English, Science or a related field; with experience in an adult training design and development role OR Certificate/Diploma in Instructional Design and/or curriculum development, Technical Communication or a related program; with experience in an adult training design and development role
- 3+ years instructional design and/or technical communications experience in a technology consulting environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar cloud-based technologies
- Strong organizational, writing, presentation, facilitation and instructional design skills
- Experience with learning management systems and how to leverage them successfully in an organization
- Proven ability to translate business processes into instructional design
- Understanding of project management processes and methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, hybrid)
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll contact you for a phone interview.
- Consult with Traction University leads to ensure accuracy and relevance of content to training
- Deliver training and facilitate learning sessions
- Prepare, maintain and update training and instructional materials
- Coordinate training activities such as room bookings, training schedule maintenance, support and prepare required materials, etc.
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience's training needs
- Support the development and implementation of instructional materials
- Support the training and development needs of our growing teams and clients
- Audit and organize our organizational knowledge database
- Analyze data on learner performance.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
Traction on Demand